• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Command AI

What about to add AI players in multiplayer?

I want the possibility to command AI players, and add AI players in online games, so you can command a tank, not just drive it.

I also want the possibility to command other AI tanks/players, so you can attack in a line, and have some one to cover.

You can already do this to a VERY limited degree. AI players can and often are added to servers in multiplayer. They're also pretty dumb (but very accurate). And you really DON'T want one in a tank. They SUCK at driving tanks and barely follow your orders.

I think he means something like Brothers in Arms multiplayer (wich rocked imo, just for being different and staying true to the original gameplay, and concept of combat instead of just running around like mindless freaks. Does still happen, but not for long as a well-placed AI squad will just rape anyone in the open :cool: Dont know why people didnt like it, honestly. There are more then enough 13-in-a-dozen multiplayer shooters out there, so why should BiA be one of them?)

Upvote 0
RO doesnt have very good AI, but RO is meant to be played online, bots are only good target practice.

But maybe they could have Static AI positions like in WWIIOL?

Where you would fill in the team by having bots at certain defensive positions. It might be hard on the server though, but you could have teams + 10 to 50 regular bots that sit there and defend.

Upvote 0
But maybe they could have Static AI positions like in WWIIOL?

Where you would fill in the team by having bots at certain defensive positions. It might be hard on the server though, but you could have teams + 10 to 50 regular bots that sit there and defend.
You can do that in RO. Problem is most custom maps have zero bot support. It's up to the mapper.

Upvote 0