• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Even Ptolemy is shaking his head.

i was once eating with my sister and a girlfriend of her at a mc donalds, she was like 16 years old and i was 14.
she nearly shoked when i told her that meat is made of cows, she couldn't believe it.
(not that what you eat at mcdo contains any real meat, it's what they scrape off the floor in the slaughterhouses mixed with cardboard...)

That has nothing to do with milk, that was what you were talking about. Neither does it answer the "lilac cow" question. :p

Upvote 0
Actually todays "americans" ancestors were mostly europeans, the only true americans are indians.
That is a foolish outlook, as far as they know ancient humans emigrated to The Americas from Asia (and now some say from the Pacific Islands and Europe too). Everyones ancestor came from Africa... does that make me an African American? No... it makes me a California Native... as much as the Californios, and the Indians.

After all, we don't call the English Normans and Saxons anymore do we? :p

Upvote 0
That is a foolish outlook, as far as they know ancient humans emigrated to The Americas from Asia (and now some say from the Pacific Islands and Europe too). Everyones ancestor came from Africa... does that make me an African American? No... it makes me a California Native... as much as the Californios, and the Indians.

After all, we don't call the English Normans and Saxons anymore do we? :p
In all my years one thing I've learned NEVER to take at absolute 100% truth is scentific/ anthropologic "conclusions" about mankind/ whatever else. These statements of "fact" are more like "working theories" and have a very bad tendency to get proven wrong once more anthropological info is discovered. I think alot of natural scientists are so desperate to "make things connect" that they pick and choose and only seek out aspects to support whatever theory they have in their head that they WANT to be true.

They are too desperate for answers so they can make some sense of things. Watch in a few years someone will find something and once again turn everything on it's head and have the theorists scrambling for answers. Also who says the Africans of today were anything like ancient Africans? People love to oversimplify things. Wait till they find some ancient bones in China, then we'll all be "descended from Chinese".

Upvote 0
In all my years one thing I've learned NEVER to take at absolute 100% truth is scentific/ anthropologic "conclusions" about mankind/ whatever else. These statements of "fact" are more like "working theories" and have a very bad tendency to get proven wrong once more anthropological info is discovered. I think alot of natural scientists are so desperate to "make things connect" that they pick and choose and only seek out aspects to support whatever theory they have in their head that they WANT to be true.

They are too desperate for answers so they can make some sense of things. Watch in a few years someone will find something and once again turn everything on it's head and have the theorists scrambling for answers. Also who says the Africans of today were anything like ancient Africans? People love to oversimplify things. Wait till they find some ancient bones in China, then we'll all be "descended from Chinese".

Most scientists are very conservative and are skeptical of new theories and hypotheses until there's overwhelming evidence to support them. They know exactly which one's a well-supported theory and which one's not, which ones to pay attention to and which ones to not give a ****. It's only the ignorant public who learn about the slightest variations in differing hypotheses and say "omg the scientific world is in serious discord."

Upvote 0
Most scientists are very conservative and are skeptical of new theories and hypotheses until there's overwhelming evidence to support them. They know exactly which one's a well-supported theory and which one's not, which ones to pay attention to and which ones to not give a ****. It's only the ignorant public who learn about the slightest variations in differing hypotheses and say "omg the scientific world is in serious discord."
That's true but that still doesn't change that their "accepted" theories are based on incomplete information which is why every few years something comes along and puts them all in a stir. Also as I said their motivations and also testing methods are not necessarily unbiased or 100% correct in the conclusions they reach. Just because they've devised certain tests & methods they use to achieve conclusions does not mean that those methods are not flawed either inherently or in execution.

I would be fine if they just stated things as "this is what we think we know" rather than certifiable truth. Then when new buzzkill evidence comes out some will go to any lengths to preserve their credibility. You can't know the 100% truth unless you have 100% of the evidence which they absolutely don't and never will. I don't want to hear about "facts" from people without all the evidence & questionable motivations/methods/competance. I don't think people should be taught "theories du jour" as certifiable truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WERE ALL DESCENDED FROM MONKEYS!!!!

Proof? heres the proof
homosapiens.jpg

Case closed.

Upvote 0