• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

get rid of 5pts for resupply

i dont understand how people are saying the points make people resupply the mger yet nobody cares about the points. i dont know if it was just the trialists that were bugging me but lately i have been pistolled in the leg so they can resupply me and it is really funny to watch people chase u all over the map just to get their 5 points. its easy for anyone to defend themselves by saying they dont care about the points and its for teamplay but honestly ive seen too many people goin to extremes just to resupply the gunner. and that crap about kills not counting for much is bull, wearing down reinforcements wins a LOT of matches and if kills dont mean much then hey! we dont even need to resupply the mger! :/
if it was up to me there wouldnt be a scoreboard but then i think a lot would stop playing. and i know that wouldnt be risked. so for a lot of people points do matter and that means going to extremes to get their 5 points..

Upvote 0
I don't see the problem here... It's a win-win and it sounds like you're just pissed that it's not you getting those points.

I agree with the others. MG's need ammo, I don't care where it comes from or what you have to bribe people with to give them some. For every person that goes out of their way to resupply, there's at least 20 others who don't even care to notice the screaming MGunner sending off his last 50 rounds.

Upvote 0
i dont understand how people are saying the points make people resupply the mger yet nobody cares about the points. i dont know if it was just the trialists that were bugging me but lately i have been pistolled in the leg so they can resupply me and it is really funny to watch people chase u all over the map just to get their 5 points. its easy for anyone to defend themselves by saying they dont care about the points and its for teamplay but honestly ive seen too many people goin to extremes just to resupply the gunner. and that crap about kills not counting for much is bull, wearing down reinforcements wins a LOT of matches and if kills dont mean much then hey! we dont even need to resupply the mger! :/
if it was up to me there wouldnt be a scoreboard but then i think a lot would stop playing. and i know that wouldnt be risked. so for a lot of people points do matter and that means going to extremes to get their 5 points..
This might be helpful to make the above readable.

Upvote 0
im sorry mate, why dont you go make a thread in off topic about bad puncuation and how if affects ur life and annoys u so much in forums, im sure loads will care. or be a bit maturer and post something useful and on topic in this thread

i do think we should have the points for resupplying the mger but only 2 maybe 3. i also think cap points are fine as its still hard enough to get some people in cap zones especially in leningrad. maybe i should do a poll about this resupplying :rolleyes:

p.s i cant believe the guy above me actually went out his way to get a link about puncuation, thanks

Upvote 0
i dont see how people would argue against lowering the points for resupplying it baffles me?

i think it would be a good idea to have say 3 sections on the score board. one section for the kills, one for the resupplying and capzone points maybe and one for the total. that might make both types of players happy. but i do really think the resupplying needs to be made 2 points.

EDIT: ive made a poll in the idea and suggestions

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree that 3 points for resuplying MGer would be fine. I can understand why it is 5 pts (it makes new players to do it) but it is a bit overrated and it realy lower the importance of other activities. I realy do not think that resuplying MGer twice is same important as being in the capzone when capped. And I also belive it is worth to try lowering it and test how it will affect resuplying MGer in public games.

IMO also points have some importance in this game and even we can read many voices how they do not care - I also do not care:) but I still have good feeling when being at the top of table. It is worth to think about having this more useful... maybe encourage more teamplay behaviour with more advanced point model. We still play game and many play the game for some "result"... and beside wining map, points are often this objective. Because if you play public you are just part of team and if team is not cooperating than you simply loose with your team no matter what you do. But you can still be at the top of your team. And it is good when the top is for best players and not for best resupliers.

Upvote 0
Oh, you mean the part when the MG spawns and 7 people resupply him is important?

You could look at it positively, and call it a 'squad', unless you just want to be negative and call it 'people running after mg to ressuply but nothing else'.
Remember, for the germans a major thing in their battlefield tactics WAS the MG, so basically for everyone to run after it ingame would actually be realistic :p
Just have everyone scatter into every imaginable direction isnt very good either, now is it? ;)

Upvote 0