• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt beta 1

Another option could be to make some damage hole in the walls and roofs.
This will let in more sunlight and it creates cooler shadow and light areas.

This was an original consideration, but I did not know how well it would work out in the optimization department, due to having to create BSP cuts in the roofs (creating more triangles/nodes that must be rendered by players on the exterior). If more detail were doable, I'd do it. One of the things I had thought of months ago was to have holes in the ceiling where parts of the structure were collapsing but still holding -- just sagging from the ceiling, with bits of rubble strewn about and with light and dust filtering through. This, however, was simply not feasible...

In retrospect, I may do lanterns. My original rationale was that in a battle such as this the soldiers would not have been setting up lanterns, they'd be organizing defenses, but on the other hand one could visualize the civilian populace having to cope with a lack of electricity and those lanterns being left over. So we'll see.

Upvote 0
I don't know how it can be 'solved' but I have to say, the last objective is an absolute b**tch for the Russians. Germans just won both rounds on the game I was playing, that was with 44 players.

All the bullets, grenades and panzerfausts hailing down make the narrow path of the bridge almost impassable by infantry or tank, fun nonetheless though :D

EDIT: I guess the zombie bug must of only been happening on that one server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In my next build, they aren't so much reduced as they are dispersed: the same amount of Panzerfaust spawns are in the building, but they are spread out. This means that you can't run to the same place and pick up three of them again with 30 seconds of picking them up. Panzerfausts in Himmler's House respawn every 60-90 seconds, and I believe one is set for 120 seconds (it could be in the neighboring building). This should solve the issue. Similar things have been done with the Panzerfausts in the Deutschebank and Hotel, where there are multiple Panzerfaust spawns with varying respawn times and locations.

Upvote 0
maybe my gamma is turned up higher, but i have no problem with the darkness, i can see everything clearly

but when i had the mg42 i got kicked twice for exsessive TK in one round :)
you really have to guess, i just shot everybody who ran in my direction.

In my next build, they aren't so much reduced as they are dispersed: the same amount of Panzerfaust spawns are in the building, but they are spread out. This means that you can't run to the same place and pick up three of them again with 30 seconds of picking them up. Panzerfausts in Himmler's House respawn every 60-90 seconds, and I believe one is set for 120 seconds (it could be in the neighboring building). This should solve the issue. Similar things have been done with the Panzerfausts in the Deutschebank and Hotel, where there are multiple Panzerfaust spawns with varying respawn times and locations.

i could swear that when i was in the building next to himmlers house, i was able to fire a faust out of the window every 10 seconds. maybe place them downstairs or in a back room so you have to go and get them instead of having them spawn right next to you

Upvote 0
Oh, btw!!
I've seen Russians using fausts in a volley of 3-4 to put some smoke cover on the bridge. Although that didn't help. :)

Yeah me 2 I think theres away to make the Panzerfaust spawn disappear after the Russians overrun the postion that would cut down on use Russian. A bit for the Germans I think sparsing them out a little should help. Please dont cut them down too much the most abundant German weapon in Berlin was the Panzerfaust 60/100. Tankers should be fearing for there lives in Berlin.-:D

Upvote 0
Leave the FAUST'S alone... The Germans are easily defeated as it is.

Remember please, the Russian losses were huge in Berlin.. street by street the Axis forces fought tenaciously.

EH, you have a great map in Kriegstadt already...

Excellent Gameplay, Balance and Entertainment.

If one seriously considers all the various observations and requests presented herein, the vast majority do not serve to enhance basic gameplay.. they appear to merely be attempts to effect balance.

Truth is, the first time around for a thought process is usually the correct one. Once we begin to second guess ourselves, the recipe for success is spoiled. Please, leave the map alone. It plays great with 6 to 50 players as long as teamwork is used.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this map to no end!! Simply put, its great!

Upvote 0
This is a great map man.

I played it a couple of times this weekend.. once with a half full server, and once with only 6 of us. It was equally fun with less people playing.

My opinion, in regards to the darkness of the map is.. leave it the way it is! I love all of the nooks and crannies, the dark areas, the high overlooking places... these all provide fantastic defense points. The darkness, combined with the uniforms, really makes this map feel realistic. Moreso than uber bright brown Russians you can see a mile away. Please keep it dark and moody! It works nicely like this... people will get used to it, give it time.

The Pak guns seem too large for the distances in the map, but I like having some sort of static guns. They really add to the flavor. The Panther turret is sweet.

I found a place where you can fall through the map. Third to last objective, if you are approaching from the Russians point of view, the 'hole' is on the right side, in the ruins, next to the door. I know this sounds vague, so I'll try and get a screenshot for you.

The last objective, the bridge, isnt overly hard if you use the tanks correctly. One uses it's MG and HE to shoot the far right side of the building, the alley where the Germans come running out of, and the other tank (SU-76) uses it's HE into the main building bottom floor and windows. Works well. Though, if you don't have tanks - it's gonna be tough.

The MG-42 is absolutely sick on this map. Is there any chance of having you add one MG-34? With all of the vantage points available, an MG-34 with it's single shot capabilities would be soooo awesome to use here.

All in all this is one of the best maps as of late. Well done Hobo. Can't wait to play it with a server full of clan vets :cool:.

Upvote 0
Ive had no time to do anything more than skim over this map in the Ed- but the response shows it appears to live up to it's billing.

But i would say congrats to author for spending so long on this project- in the same time I guess he could have released a few different maps but fortunately did not.
There are quite a lot of 3rd party maps now, especially CA, and i would much rather see a quality few than a mass of average ones.

That's not to put off novice mappers, who obviously should go for releases fairly soon to get feedback and experience- but I'd like to see experienced ones take time to produce quality.

Upvote 0
Yeah me 2 I think theres away to make the Panzerfaust spawn disappear after the Russians overrun the postion that would cut down on use Russian. A bit for the Germans I think sparsing them out a little should help. Please dont cut them down too much the most abundant German weapon in Berlin was the Panzerfaust 60/100. Tankers should be fearing for there lives in Berlin.-:D

I have not seen them disappear before but you could use a destro mesh and have the destroyed mesh which would be a box appear on top of the fausts blocking their use. So like if you destroy this fence piece then it causes a box to appear on a faust in Russian Territory. Just a thought.

Upvote 0