• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt beta 1

Great work!

Great work!

First congratulations to your really great map! We played it the whole evening and found 2 bugs. First one is on E 3/4 Flemingstrasse Ruins. If you look down the Flemingstrasse from the russian side, last entrance on the left side is a debrisheap ( Schutthaufen in German ^^).When you come from the german side, lay down in front of it ( in the building ) you lay in the debrisheap. You can fire out of it and see the whole street. The russians can not see you and can t fire in it. It works only from inside the house.
The second one is the first pak on the Kaschade Platz C 3/4. I dont know if its a bug, but sometimes the pak is placed in the center , sometimes right side and sometimes lleft side. Is it normal? We are nor sure about it.
I hope you understand what i mean, my schooltime is far far away, that perhaps explain my bad english, sry for that.

Greetings from Germany

[PzDF]PanzerMeyer

Ps: I hope you can fix the probs with the paks we have on our servers. Are our servers the only ones with that prob?

Upvote 0
just finished playing this, and I must say I'm guite impressed. this definately ranks as one of the best custom maps out there imo. the MG42 is quite a treat, and the new player skins are nice as well. one enemy soldier I met held his fire for a bit too long as he was trying to identify me. :D

[edit] oh, I noticed two small bugs in the Moltke Bridge building the Germans hold at the end. the first is a big gap in the floor on either the second or third story, don't remember how high it was for certain. I tried taking a picture, but it turns out I died right as the pic was taken, so that'll have to wait until I can play again. the second bug I encountered was on the top floor, I set my STG44 up on one of the left-hand side windows, moved away, and noticed that the game considered my weapon to be rested even when I was out of ironsights. this didn't change until I died.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5907/shot00048qd2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Makabi, first issue you pointed out is the dreaded BSP hole. It was caused by a portal issue during a rebuild, and must have popped up in one of the latest builds as previously I hadn't seen it. The issue of your gun being considered rested is a game bug and not a map bug, as I have had it occur in a few instances outside of my map.

I'm going to have to ask that people tolerate the more glaring issues for at least another week, as I'm going to be pretty busy without a whole lot of time to address the map with. I do have a number of changes and tweaks that I hope to implement and so Beta 2 should be a good step up. However, in the meantime, enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
I played it last night and i made it to the Deutche bank.
The size is quite impressive. One thing i noticed but that's
a personal issue was the darkness inside the buildings.

I understand that to archieve point of realism the power is down so
logical there aint electricity and no light. It's one of the dilemma's
i had to overcome in my own stuff.

To me the darkness inside made playing there very tiresome. I did not
want to change my settings to make it look brighter. Off course the people
who love realism will love the darkness but it made me stay outside as it
took to much energy. A side effect is although it's dark the player still shine
bright there.

That's the only thing i noticed as i made it only to the bank and it was getting late.

As an update i must say run it in practice mode and the Bridge area looks superb
I'm curious how intense the fights there will be. Great Job

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played on a 42 player server earlier and was experiencing a serious case of the zombie bug.

Chances are that the server admin didn't appropriately set up the skins/classes for the server, as I and others have been running it without a hitch.

In regard to the amount of darkness in the buildings / player brightness, I will try to look in to these issues. Drecks, you are correct about my intent, that the electricity was out and the only source of light one really has is that which comes through the windows. I may increase the brightness just ever so slightly, but I still want to have the buildings feature a darkened interior. Will need to also tweak the Dramatic Lighting and all that good stuff too I would imagine.

Upvote 0
First of all, I would like to congratulate you, EvilHobo, with making a truly epic map! Also, thank you for the same reason!

I've played it today on Luftwaffe server (42 slots) both as a German (mg'er) and as a Soviet rifleman and assault trooper. Here's my toughts:
1) It's too dark. I know that the city was all in smoke and flames, but still, it is really too damn dark! Is dramatic lighting on? For the same reason (probably) it's hard to recognise whethear it is a friendly or a foe you are looking at: I with my clanmates had lot of incidents running together side by side with enemy not knowing who they are: my clanmate mif told that he was clearing 2nd objective together with some smger, he was running infront of mif for like 30 secs. They even covered each other! :D Yes, you got it right - that guy was a German, while mif was Soviet soldier. But not only it's dark inside, it's too dark outside also. - The beginning of a new round. Our team starts running towards first cap zone, I'm one of the last soldiers in our column. And I knew we had 21 men on our side, but what I saw gave me some doubts: huge pack of men running forward. One of ours TKs some guy and starts looting him. Usually I kill such bastards, so I run towards him. And what do I see? He didn't TK, he killed a German! Apparently, about 5 (maybe more) Germans run from our left and towards the capzone together with whole our team, and only one guy realised what is happening. I was really rofling. :)
OK, next issue - when we destroyed that Panther turret and capped nearby objective, half of our team got lost in the building at the spawn. It will solve by itself, probably, when most of players get to know the map, I guess.
PaK43. Huge ****! :) But why it doesn't destroy tanks with 1 shot? The distance is really less than 100 meters, but it takes 2 shots to take our T34? Also, when I shot all the HE rounds, I couldn't switch to AP rounds (I had 6 of them, iirc). I tried pressing R, pressing X with no luck. We had to leave it. Those are questions more adressed to authors of this gun. Also, is it possbile in next betas to fix the issue that the gun won't fire unless you check manual reloading in options?
The Moltke bridge is a real hard nut to crack for Russian! Also I was dissapointed that you put only few dragon tooths on it. It had more judging from the memoirs I've read. Or add some debris, cause I was mowing those Russians down with MG42 like a grass with a scythe. I even had to kill myself because I've melted down all my barrels. Nice MG, btw. :) But I haven't tried DP yet - did you modify it aswell? Also, my big thanks for taking out those Star wars lasers, it feels much better without the tracers!
Also, I know that you didn't give Soviets smoke nades so that they would use more teamplay with tanks. But our team had HORRIBLE tankers and we were bathing in our own blood for 1 whole round. Maybe you should think about giving them some alternatives - I mean, if the tankers are complete noobs, there must be a way (let it be harder x5 times, but still) to cross those open places.
The reinforcements need a little adjustment I guess - Germans had 0% when players were able to play the map for more than 15 mins. BTW, even with 0% Russians couldn't get across the bridge for more than 2 minutes!
Check pls your custom textures, I've heard ppl had zombie bugs (I didn't).

Also, this. http://mumrik.hotmail.ru/tn_Shot00208.jpg

But all in all, me and all of my teammates really LOVED your work! One of my favourite maps - Konigplatz - has became bigger and funner.

Upvote 0
But why it doesn't destroy tanks with 1 shot? The distance is really less than 100 meters, but it takes 2 shots to take our T34?

Very true, the first 88mm (L/56) could kill a T-34 at 3000meters+ (if the shot hit) and was notorious for ripping the turrret off the T-34. This 88mm (L/71) one like the other should not deflect ever (45mm of armor isnt enough to stand up the the power of the 88 or the 75s no matter how angled it is- due to overmatching round and sheer gun velocity) 1 shot should be enough to kill-heck, even the Pak38/40 should be killing the T-34 easily without deflects at extended ranges. The 88mm 88L/71 and 88 L/56 is over kill "like shooting a fly with a Panzerfaust".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On the pak43, the code is not final-final from our perspective. Actually giving the gun it's "true" ballistics will have the target explode the instant you fire the 88, even at hundreds of meters. In testing it was taking out IS-2s in one shot to all areas. Changes had to be made so that the engine alone could keep up with the velocity. And, as usual, there has to be some adjusting to make it fit into the overall game play. So, yes, it's nerfed a bit but I would agree that it should be one-shot kills.

Upvote 0
Hello mate,
AH ok so its a WIP then.
Slyk said:
in testing it was taking out IS-2s in one shot to all areas.
As it should the IS-2's armor was only adaquate for the 88mm L/56 of the Tiger I and the 75L/70 of the Panther at around 600 meters up. The 88mm L/71 is much better still penetrating 132mm at 2000 meters at 30 degrees

Slyk said:
Changes had to be made so that the engine alone could keep up with the velocity. And, as usual, there has to be some adjusting to make it fit into the overall game play. So, yes, it's nerfed a bit but I would agree that it should be one-shot kills.

Yeah, I believe on Armored Beasts amazure made the tanks have there real gun velocity but there were various issues that happened ( hit detection errors ect.). it'd be nice to have the rounds go a bit faster though it seems we are all shooting HEAT rounds-lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you Bolt for your lengthy feedback, the more experiences I am told the better I can hope to craft the map.

Apparently, about 5 (maybe more) Germans run from our left and towards the capzone together with whole our team, and only one guy realised what is happening. I was really rofling. :)

This is something I expected to happen the moment I implemented the advance spawn, and I told a lot of people this too: those pubbers are going to see where the capzone is and then run straight for it. And it happened a lot when I was playing too, Soviet tanks would be pulling out of spawn and the Germans would be crossing or retreating along the street and just got mowed down. The goal with that advanced spawn is for the Germans to cause for a delaying action on the approach to the first objective, but they can only hold out for so long due to one-spawn Panzerfausts before being pushed back to the capzone itself. A lot of the map revolves around the concept of "sometimes, I don't need to be in or going to the capzone." Players should be able to recognize and assess the value of certain parts of the map and then utilize them for either the defense or offense: the game doesn't have to be about "get in the capzone!!1"

OK, next issue - when we destroyed that Panther turret and capped nearby objective, half of our team got lost in the building at the spawn. It will solve by itself, probably, when most of players get to know the map, I guess.

Players will figure it out eventually. That building serves no purpose after it has been capped, and the Allies should have been advancing along the street rather than through an already capped area.

The Moltke bridge is a real hard nut to crack for Russian! Also I was dissapointed that you put only few dragon tooths on it. It had more judging from the memoirs I've read. Or add some debris, cause I was mowing those Russians down with MG42 like a grass with a scythe. I even had to kill myself because I've melted down all my barrels. Nice MG, btw. :) But I haven't tried DP yet - did you modify it aswell?

The bridge can be held for a ridiculously long time, but I'm changing that for beta 2. I figured that the main issue was the overabundance of Panzerfausts: basically, it seems the one in that building respawned every 30 seconds. Russian tanks take 35 seconds to respawn. So, once the Germans have eliminated a tank, they have all of their fausts back again. I may add more cover on the bridge but I don't want to overdo it, and the barricades are having their height reduced so that the tanks can get on the bridge and support the infantry better. The DP28 has been modified slightly, such that it too uses the new tracers and the spread of the bullets has been reduced to make it more effective at longer ranges.

The reinforcements need a little adjustment I guess - Germans had 0% when players were able to play the map for more than 15 mins. BTW, even with 0% Russians couldn't get across the bridge for more than 2 minutes!

The Germans must have either played very carelessly or the Russians very well. When I played the map, the Axis seemed to finish off with about 20-35% reinforcements, prompting me to consider reducing Axis reinforcements. I will probably, as unnecessary as it may be, increase the Russian reinforcements, because I want them to never even have to worry that they may be running low. Lowest I saw them hit was about 60%. I imagine though, that the fighting is more ferocious with more players, so I will look in to it accordingly.

Stuff about the AT Gun

Already getting to work on adjusting/tweaking the PaK43, and here's what I have so far:

Since the penetration tables seemed correct, I couldn't have imagined something being wrong there. However, I looked at the damage inflicted by the cannon and concluded that to be the issue: 450. The T-34/85 has a health of 800, and as thus, the gun isn't inflicting enough damage to kill in one blow. So I looked at something which does, and that is the IS2 versus Panzer IV engagement. The 122mm gun inflicts 650 damage, while the Panzer IV has only 600 health. Therefore, the 122mm gun will kill the Panzer IV with one shot. So I have set about making the following changes:

-Increase PaK43 shell damage from 450 to 800
-Increase IS2 health from 800 to 1000

This should hopefully yield one-hit kills against the T-34s without any problems, while making the IS2 a bit more formidable but still killable.

Need to work on getting to to work without manual reloading enabled, wouldn't quite know how to do that but I guess I'll find out in due time...

Upvote 0
Yeah the electricity off/on is a choice one has to make.

Reality says it's dark inside so keep it dark. But when we should dragg on in reality no attacker would enter these dark buildings and let the artillery / tanks
serious damage these buildings and head on. As this is a game we have to find an agreement in interior lightning. For some parts in Lazur i choose the lanterns.

When you look in Danzig you will find a light source near the window which are ment to create stronger lightsource from outside. Some sort of sunlight.
Maybe you could use this to up the lightning in a natural way.

Another option could be to make some damage hole in the walls and roofs.
This will let in more sunlight and it creates cooler shadow and light areas.

Upvote 0