• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

stug44

stug44

• + recoil

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • no varaition

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • - recoil

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
The recoil on the StG44 is some of the silliest in the game, not the strength of it but the ridiculous side to side recoil. It jumps randomly to one side or another so badly that it really is a huge chore to fire bursts at all without being rested or prone.

News to the devs, automatics usually pull to the side the brass is being ejected from, not randomly either way.

Upvote 0
Maybe the jump side to side, is as it pulls, the soldier attempts to correct, in between the slow rate of fire, over corrects, followed by some under correcting before over correcting again.

Attempting to subdue a weapons recoil with constant steady pressure is tricky business made trickier when the rate of fire is so slow. If you pull on the weapon while firing its likely to end up to left of intended target.

In game the weapon really jumps around very little compared to any actual fully automatic weapon in reality. Even a 9mm AR-15 finds a way to bounce all over a target in bursts.

Given its small round, low rate of fire, heavy weight.... It's probably about right.

Upvote 0
All Smgs and the Strumgewehr had very low recoil for example if u ever shot an Mp-40 you'll notice that it had absoultely no muzzle climb, and its nice accuracy vs modern Smgs or even other ww2 era smgs like the Thompson .It does push back slightly as does the ppsh41(even on full auto) I believe the that for now the smgs are ok once someone figures out the correct way to add these weapons without Rambo esque behavoir then it would probably be fixed by tripwire or one of the many mods.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The recoil on the StG44 is some of the silliest in the game, not the strength of it but the ridiculous side to side recoil. It jumps randomly to one side or another so badly that it really is a huge chore to fire bursts at all without being rested or prone.

News to the devs, automatics usually pull to the side the brass is being ejected from, not randomly either way.
Yeah when I fire the StG44 on full auto, the gun goes left and right.

Upvote 0
News to the devs, automatics usually pull to the side the brass is being ejected from, not randomly eiter way.
Automatics muzzle climbs and move to the side where the gun is held i.e. if you keep the gun at the right shoulder and fire full auto the muzzle climbs up and to the right and similarily if the gun is at the left shoulder it goes up and to the left. The reason for that is that the stock/gun acts as a pivot point where it is held against the shoulder/body and when the gun recoils it can do so for a very short distance only before it starts to turn around the point where the stock/gun is braced against the shoulder/body - therefore the forces acting on the gun gives the gun torgue and the muzzle climbs.
Likewise the brass being ejected has neglible effect on why the gun moves to one side or the other as the force they are being ejected with is too small to move the gun, rather it is due to the recoil force from the shots fired and the human physiology that make the gun turn around the same pivot point as the above mentioned and move towards the side in which it is held.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tested the StG44 yesterday night on Danzig.
Actually, I found it to be sometimes really hard to hit a target in full auto fire even over short distances.
On the other hand, it was a very reliable and precisive weapon when used in semi auto mode.
Maybe there could be a little touch of less recoil - but I like the preference of the semi auto fire we actual have.

Upvote 0