• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Stone cold rookie volunteering for duty

Timo

Oct 1, 2006
I've been playing practice for a long time and finally just upgraded to a computer that can really handle on-line play. I'm a serious amateur historian (just got back from Stalingrad) and I want to be a part of a serious German team, especially now that I've witnessed the horrors of Bolshevism first-hand! I'm no kid and I'm looking to join a unit that needs a dependable fighter.

But I am not a real 'gamer' and am not at all familiar with how on-line play works, though I think I'll catch on pretty fast. Do I need a microphone? Do I need a joystick? What brands/types are recommended? As you can see I really don't know alot about this, but I am willing to learn, and I will learn quickly- we must all do our part in the struggle for the Fatherland!
Is there a group (any side) that plays 'intro' games? Is there anyone in the Washington D.C./ MD area of U.S. that is willing to help a rookie, even just via email or on the phone?
Thanks,
-Timo

Try the 4.SS 'Polizei' Panzergrenadier Division. We are looking for dependable recruits interested in history and more importantly dependable fighters that prefer the Axis side, but ocassionally will venture onto the Soviet team for playing on public servers.

No experience with 'real' gaming is really needed. We will teach you what you need to know if your willing to learn it. We are a casual bunch and prefer playing just for fun while trying to play as historically tactical as possible. Microphone is defintely needed, but joysticks aren't and discouraged. As long as you are interested in realism and participating in a small yet highly well trained and elite infantry Trupp you'll find your time in the unit to be worth while.

http://stahl.proboards61.com/

Upvote 0
Hey Romania... THIS IS NOT A FLAME WAR... so cut it out.

The 20th is probably the only truly non-political unit in the Axis. The SS units (every Axis unit except 20th and 3rd PzGr) will advertise it but they frequently spout pompous, racist jargon...

...everywhere :p

Like Kessler said we would love to have you apply and you can judge for yourself whether or not you like us.

The only real requirements for joining are a microphone (headset is preferable, and you will thank yourself later for choosing it over a desktop microphone) and the program Xfire which you can download at http://www.xfire.com/. It is a very game-friendly messenger system and as soon as you join our group everyone in the 20th will be added automatically so you don't have to search around for pesky names :).

Hope this helps!!

Respectfully submitted,
Unteroffizier Jaan Kiivit

Upvote 0
girl/guy said huh..
Ok,

Timo, take it from a guy with experience in beating 3rd SS, your better off joining 20th. At least they don't whine and complain ~RNG~ RNG!! and show pictures of their *** (kuger :eek:) in the internet.

It must be nice to high jack others threads, thats okay Lucy we will smack your red *** back to Moscow very soon baby.

Upvote 0
girl/guy said huh..
Ok,

Timo, take it from a guy with experience in beating 3rd SS, your better off joining 20th. At least they don't whine and complain ~RNG~ RNG!! and show pictures of their *** (kuger :eek:) in the internet.

Wow the maturity of the 181 shows itself in its prime stat. You have alot of balls to be saying that publicly on the RO forums.

181= arrogance= the same as it ever was!:mad:

Upvote 0
I think thats a good Idea. But the reason I said guy/girl is because In mother Russia they accept or accepted female recruits and your name on these forums is NOT gender specific and because the RO forums are soo.. PC I didnt want to offend anyone or appear to be sexist.

Also lets thank the 181 for turning another thread into a war well done. You deserve a big red star. Maybe you could stick it on your sippy cup.

Also Fleck you claim that your unit is

"the only truly non-political unit in the Axis." well you just shot that reputation to S**T with your first comment. Reffering to Reinhard as "Hey Romania..." how would you like it if I reffered to you as Hey... Yankee or some other s**t

Last edited:
Upvote 0