• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

C++ Runtime Error After Newest Update

Obr.Lt.Scheisskopf,

Your driver is over a year old:

Driver Date/Size: 5/3/2006 12:51:00, 258048 bytes

Please follow ALL of the instructions above (step 1 was make sure you have the latest video card drivers).

The info D-Es-C-H posted is plenty (unless your just uploading the actual .txt file) we don't need all 6 pages posted here :)

Upvote 0
c+ + runtime error

c+ + runtime error

the red orchrestra ini file is: redorchrestra.configuration setting in your system folder,

find this:

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

and try changing it to:

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

and try setting bloom AA and AF to 0 in the redorchestra.ini incase its on.

bloom=true
but do this last, and change it to false
as i helped a fellow FKR member and it worked and hes playing

Upvote 0
Look... Thanks Z for the help BUT..

I've got a Geforce7300GS .. Everything worked fine BEFORE the update. Now I paid for NOTHING. Btw now I can sell my account, disband the only one clan in my country...Thanks Tripwire. I believed you. Very good job for the people's money.

Please help. I love this game. The only one what have realistic....ehh..thanks.

I tried all the wrote types.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The driver I have is 6.14 (year old like Ramm said) but I have a Radeon 9000 card and when I try to install later drivers such as 7.8/7.7 (the latest ones) it says it can not find drivers compatible with my hardware or operating system (can't be operating system since I went in the Windows XP Home category) and it shuts down the setup. When I try to start RO it tells me to enable the Direct3D function in the Display 1/2 tab (I went to the Display tab, there was no Display 1/2), and when I do, it tells me that Direct3D is not available, and that I need to verify that the driver is the latest one from the manufacturer. Catch~22: I can't get the latest driver because the setup says it can't find compatible hardware but Red Orchestra tells me to enable Direct3d which I can't because the aforementioned reason! Does this mean I need a new graphics card? Or is there a solution which doesn't involve greenbacks?

Also by the way, I don't get the General Protection Fault anymore, since I downloaded DirectX8.1b, the one it says I needed when Red Orchestra refuses to start up (doesn't crash).

Upvote 0
The driver I have is 6.14 (year old like Ramm said) but I have a Radeon 9000 card and when I try to install later drivers such as 7.8/7.7 (the latest ones) it says it can not find drivers compatible with my hardware or operating system (can't be operating system since I went in the Windows XP Home category) and it shuts down the setup. When I try to start RO it tells me to enable the Direct3D function in the Display 1/2 tab (I went to the Display tab, there was no Display 1/2), and when I do, it tells me that Direct3D is not available, and that I need to verify that the driver is the latest one from the manufacturer. Catch~22: I can't get the latest driver because the setup says it can't find compatible hardware but Red Orchestra tells me to enable Direct3d which I can't because the aforementioned reason! Does this mean I need a new graphics card? Or is there a solution which doesn't involve greenbacks?

Also by the way, I don't get the General Protection Fault anymore, since I downloaded DirectX8.1b, the one it says I needed when Red Orchestra refuses to start up (doesn't crash).

try switching to OpenGL btw I switched and the game looks better and I get like 40-50 FPS and that was on the ****astic IC server.

Upvote 0
Yes yes, that's what I meant, it's 6.14 on the Direct X Diagnostic, but 6.11 on the website download page and the setup folder. Don't bother posting your info it'll probably be the same as mine. Be sure you have Direct X 8.1b or later (I have Direct X 9.0c) downloaded and Direct 3D enable in the display tab of the Direct X Diagnostic. form what I see now it's just driver issues. Let's wait and see.

Upvote 0
*sigh*

*sigh*

I've experienced more problems with RO than any Steam product. I even had to remove a RO file that was preventing chkdsk from working. I keep coming back, though. It's all for the love of the game.

I also have a Radeon 9250 card and I think that, along with the age of my PC, is the root of the problem. I would change the values for anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing to zero, but they're not listed in my .ini file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No luck with error so far.........

No luck with error so far.........

I only discovered this problem yesterday, and have been working on it since. Tried all suggested fixes, including hotfix from Microsoft; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538
Still getting the C++ Runtime Error, right after the splash page. My system specs:

AMD Athalon 2400+
AMD A7V8X-8 Motherboard
1 gig 3200 ddr
ATI Radeon 9200 128 mb Video Card
Seagate 120 gb HD

Funny thing is, I have three systems with the same config. except one is running a NVidea 9600 256 mb Video Card, and RO is running fine on it. I updated to the newest ATI video drivers but that didn't change a thing. I have a large amount of games that all run through the Steam platform, and they all work fine. Although I did download the demo for Bioshock yesterday and it crashes right after the splash screen as well. But there was no error message attached, and I have no idea if the two are related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0