• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [Preview] RO-Kharkov 1943

Sichartshofen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
March 12th 1943

The Third Battle of Kharkov was the last major strategic German victory. In March 1943 Hausser's SS Panzerkorps was given the task of retaking the city. Four days of bitter house to house fighting ensued. As the days progressed the German force broke into smaller company sized groups, each supported by a few Panzers. Soviet machine-guns and anti-tank gun were everywhere and in every lane and courtyard a tank lay in wait. Each block had to be cleared building by building.

This map represents the last 2 blocks of Kampfgruppe Witt's approach to Dzerzhinsky Square in the centre of the city on 12 March. The Germans will have to clear out a series of fortified apartments and office buildings on their push to the Gosprom. Most buildings will be enterable as well as parts of the Gosprom. All objectives will have adjacent buildings where the attackers can setup a base of fire.

New Features:
EvilHobos modified MG42

Load outs:

Germans:
1 Gruppenf

Last edited:
damn those birds.

add some concrete side curbes all around the buildings in the streets, the effect is guaranteed!
otherwise it looks promising, maybe find a more "dramatic" lightning? a bit darker with more shadows and a browner light.
i know its hard to make snowy maps look cinematically good.

Upvote 0
man, thats so much better.
i see you took notice of my advice :) if you raise the terrain close to the buildings so that it sticks out here and there above the sidecurb, it will give a verry nice effect of little snow\rubble piles according to the texture.

and for the big gate building it might be better to make holes in the wall for the windows and make the building shallow so there is a black space inside the window holes. and on some openings you can add a static mesh window, maybe one from the danzig package. a white one is best.
and i would change the texture of that building, into one of those wierd rotten wall textures you find in the architecture package. they look really weird but once you apply them to a building it looks great!

hope you don't mind my advice ;)

Upvote 0