• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles Have Been Nerfed Post-Patch

It's kind of hilarious the comments coming from the devs and moderators considering there was a bug exactly like this in the past which was proven and fixed.

Forget the past easily eh :rolleyes:

You mean the bug that I proved not to be anything more then lag/packet loss?

For that bug I sat in the test server at that time and fired bullets with a rifle for 8 h straight. I keept statistics for it too you know what the outcome was?

about 1-2 bullets out of 1000 did not reach it's targets with that supposed bug.

Upvote 0

For that bug I sat in the test server at that time and fired bullets with a rifle for 8 h straight. I keept statistics for it too you know what the outcome was?

about 1-2 bullets out of 1000 did not reach it's targets with that supposed bug.

D:

but i had 4 out of 1000!

Upvote 0
If most of the people here complaining about it are playing on the TWB servers I suspect the servers themselves. I've noticed some strange lag spikes starting about 3 weeks ago on those servers regardless of how many are on.

And again...I'm not trying to derail the thread, but has anyone else noticed that its easier to hit shots at range with ppsh? I know the devs probably made no adjustments to this code either...but it seems different for some reason.:)

Upvote 0
I think most of you that aren't believing us have problems listening. There's this button called F6, when you press it, it reveals magical information about ping and packet loss. Unless this information is wrong, bullets are not registering under optimal conditions for playing RO on a non LAN server with varying degrees of load from near empty to full. For those of you with a complete lack of intelligence and listening ability, that means ping is 40-80, packet loss = 0 that means no packet loss is occurring, which means when I fire my rifle someone should die or I should see where it hits, should there be some textures back dropping the target within the immediate vicinity of where I was aiming at the time I pulled the trigger.

Either this bug is somehow related to hardware and not everyone experiences it or the naysayers' skills lack so much they are both used to missing very often and don't expect to be making that many kills therefore they don't notice the bug.

It is a fallacy to think that something does not exist because one has not experienced it and the way you all have reacted to us reporting this bug can be classified as arrogance.

Upvote 0
There is a marked difference in hit percentages despite all who cry "it aint so!"

The feedback here would suggest there is an issue, from what I've experienced the past few days on various servers I really do think something somewhere has gone pearshaped.

I know when I've missed a shot, however emptying a five round bolt mag into a stationary target at twenty yards on a low ping server with 12 players and not having one connect is not me missing a shot.

I have a high spec machine and a decent isp, there is no packet loss evident when I press F6.

So with all due respect to those who think nothings amiss I would disagree strongly and say all is not as it was pre patch.

Upvote 0
Havent' read all four pages, but has anyone mentioned clipping? If you've got your rifle setup on some sandbags or a ruined wall, sometime while your site is clear your barrel will clip into the wall or whatever you are setup on.

It's very noticable if you're using a deployed MG. I can't count the number of times I've opened up with an MG-42 (seems the worst for this) at 20 feet only to have all my shots disappear into the sandbags even thought the site looks clear.
Makes some sense as the site is higher than the muzzle, but with the bipod you should be clear (although that bipod can 'sink' into the sandbags when deployed) . But it's an additional pain as there is no audio feedback that you are shooting into the wall (unlike the sounds you DO get when you shoot a wall further away, the clipping rounds just vanish), the only notice you get is no tracers. With a rifle and no tracers, it would just be missing when you are sure you should hit. It's why I always give a MG test burst once I've deployed.

If you suspect the same with your rifle, try and take a similar shot at a near by object. If you don't see the bullet impact you might be clipped into something and thus your rounds getting blocked.

Having said all that, there might be more packetloss with the patch or bigger servers (?) as I've had people run through my MG-42 fire that I would swear had them down (especially when done as a group), and I've also see more lag spikes (warping tanks) on some Debrecen maps. But originally I thought I was just sucking with the MG as I had a 2 month RO layoff :), but at KonzigPlatz ranges with MG-42 I was really wondering when 3-4 people would run through to the next berm.....

T.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there IS something wrong/different after the update...I have no doubt. It is intermittent but it does exist. I only usually play on TWB west. I will try other servers.

To all those doubters: It is ok to disagree or even be skeptical but to treat us condescendingly, sarcastically, or questioning our skill is unbecoming of this community.
Also I find it quite disconcerting that the Devs are discounting our observations offhand also.:confused::(

Upvote 0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=grwGSG9jAqE

A lot of people on TS and Clanners in general have been talking about this kind of stuff since the patch... what is this? :confused:

If you look very carefully none of those bullets actually "seem" to hit really. His leg is up by the moment he shoots and the moment he runs in front of that guy the bullets appear to go between his legs. And in the end the barrel is slightly lower on height than the frontsight and thus it still goes between his legs - and the firing was already stopped and bullet has more speed than average Joe.

But still that might not exactly explain the problem. Since so far I didn't know RO had that accurate hitboxes...

... or did they just make them so accurate that when you think you hit by just aiming "somewhere there" you need to be more exact? Quite a riddle indeed.

Upvote 0

What you mean the flawed test you conducted under none of the conditions in which people were experienceing the bug and which still showed rare missing bullets despite optimal server conditions?

I was actually talking further back in time however, but pat yourself on the back for the 8 hours of your life wasted, you deserve it ;)

Note I am not saying I think bullets aren't registering at the moment, I just know this was an issue in the past, long into the past (like the mod days).

Upvote 0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=grwGSG9jAqE

A lot of people on TS and Clanners in general have been talking about this kind of stuff since the patch... what is this? :confused:

Yep, that's the MG stuff, same freaking map too (Konzig). I'm setup left flank (flank whore on that map) and a group of ruskies charge to the next berm. I open up on a SIDE shot (not head on picking individual targets, from the side as they run past) and I get.. nada. And I do see tracers so it's not a clipping issues. BTW Oldih leg targets work fine, if you've ever seen a runner stop suddenly, it's a leg shot.

Sometimes I'm not sure what's up. On that new sniper map (7+ snipers each side, RR tracks etc.) I've been under the train on top of the rails. Stationary target and I miss, again and again and again with no bullet strikes nearby so it doesnt' even look like I'm missing. I go beside the train and shoot crouched, bam dead. I don't know if that's clipping (into the RR tracks?) or lag/pl, but something is weird. Maybe a combo of the two which makes it look weird all around.

Also might be server related. Some of the Debrecen tank maps have some nasty lag spikes. You get the warp backwards in your tank so you can see your own dust track for a second, or an enemy tank stops and then warps backwards 20 feet (Murphys law, usually just as you shoot). Sometimes the games thinks you're in a different place than you are. That shows up when you fire the cannon and the shot you see originates 10 feet away from what you see in your gun site. Haven't seen warpy inf but maybe with the bigger servers the weirdness is more common.

T.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO has had a small hit-problem for ages.
Not a real big problem IMO and according to my experience it has NOT become worse since the last patch.

Nevertheless it still is a bug and sometimes a very irritating one too.
I guess the problem for TW is that it's hard to reproduce and thus fix.

Oh and 1 word for the testers: if you cann't reproduce it that doesn't mean it's not there ;)

Monk.

Upvote 0