• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Official Free Weekend Rant Thread

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Now before I even start,I'd just like to say that I don't think free weekends are ruining RO and I realize that TW needs to bring new players into the game,
via demo,free weekend or guest passes and I'm completely okay with that.
This should be just a thread for posting your experiences of the free weekend and letting off some steam.Sure we've all been newbies but atleast we had a common understanding of objectives and the almighty English language.
Heck,even the owner of TW and RO overlord Ramm has had some annoying moments(check the IRC quotes thread for that :p )

I'll just start with a round of Basovka I just played.
So I join the Axis team,as I prefer a challenge and like attacking.
Alright,wait for the others to load up and count the seconds 'till I can join the fray.So the first attack fails miserably with only me getting IN the actual trench.The sad thing is I actually saw about 3 Germans on their bellies right in front of the trench taking potshots at the Russians.
No one even budged when I asked them to get in the cap.
So I continue going on through the trench clearing them out as I go with either hipshots or stabs.After a minute or two I spent in the trench I get shot in the back of the head by a friendly pixel bolter.

I also got a screenshot that would pretty much explain what they were doing at the time:

Shot00062.jpg

Thanks for baring with me and feel free to post your rants.

I actually haven't seen alot of stupids running around not knowing what to do. Some of them are infact quick learners. One time I was the Russian leader on Kurlankessel. We lost the first round but the second round went easily and the third one was also won by us. No thx to the teamwounder on our team though.

Upvote 0
Honestly,

I dont like playing with people who dont know how to play. But I would rahter deal with these people for a week and see this game grow and have Red Orchestra die do to lack of new bussiness. It does get annoying when I have to tell a MG to change out his barrel or to see some guy call everyone a hacker but if it brings RO some new faces then I am happy doing it.

Upvote 0
Only been playing RO since since it was a ut2003 mod! :confused:

Same here But I got the game on release day and played it ever sence. I love RO. But some of the new players we get from this darn Free trial are real butt wholes. I mean the last Time I played last night on a WildBunch server we had 4 guys who did nothing but complain about not haveing X hairs, or not being able to run and shoot at the same time.

One guy even claimed BF2 did the Sniper rifles better than this game. We all told them to leave and if they hated the game so much to uninstal it from steam and not come back. They stayed on the server for another 4 maps whineing the whole time about how bad RO was and we finaly lost it on them and kicked them off the server with the reson being if you don't like it uninstal the darn game!

This kind of crap happens every time there is a free trial. At least with a Gest pass you can give it to someone who might like the game and at least is willing to adjust not just have tons of bimbos runing around like OMG WHER TEH X HAIR? OMG THIS GAMY SUCK! 24/7.

Then there was something that happened to me and a few of my friends on an offical server one night:

So here I was haveing a great time kicking butt and taken names in RO. Then this guy joins who calls himself ******_HATER. So at first I was like ok that just a name I can live with that. Then he changed his name to mine and started to spam text, and stop and only start up agian when I typed something. He only comes around in the free trial and is a known griefer. Please watch out for this guy! He will try every dirty trick to get you banned from the server. He has been banned from all the WildBunch servers 10 times in a row and still he finds a way to get back online and ruin good peoples reps by getting them banned off the good servers.

He finaly did this to me 2 days ago and I had to wait for a full 48 hours after contacting Yoshiro on IRC and talling him what happened. I told him to spread the ward about this punk and try to do something to keep him from doing this to other people.

He has done this in many games that are on steam DOD:S he was there oh BTW he did it to me there too! HL2 Deathmatch, CS:S, The Ship, and many other games that are on steam. He uses the free trial to get players banned for life if he can and then take their place on the server.

His MO is as fallows:

First encounter: Adds you to his buddy list
Second encounter: spams text in every server you join even came up with a way to fallow you around the servers! He will also start to TK you, and anybody he sees that likes you/the way you play.
Therd encounter: H trys to get you banned from your favoret servers so he can get his little kicks and gigles out of it and will go to great lengths to acheve it. He will change his name to match yours, start to convince the other poeple on the server HE is the good guy. Then the moment your gone leave and do it to somebody else.

Upvote 0
I though I posted this earlyer - Failed to show up.

Five Russians Enter the Commander Center, one at a time.

The first one gets shot, infront of the second. The Second runs forward and gets shot as well. The 3rd being a little slower and smarter comes in and 2 gernades exsplode on the dead russians from the begining. The Video begings with the 3rd russian being dead infront of the floor and the forth and fith russian comming into the room. Can they do any better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xLBnxL7FGk

Upvote 0