• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles Have Been Nerfed Post-Patch

Before things get out of hand, it's basically a simple observation that some ppl who use rifles mainly have made.

It's not intended as a whine, it's an observation from more than a few players.

Its prevalent on the very same servers with low ping that I would normally play on.

Again the very same miss factor was present tonight on different servers, we're talking mid range sights on center mass on stationary target.

Is it a major keep me awake at night event?........nope, but perhaps there is more to it than server population and cpu issues.

Upvote 0
Think I've craked it

Think I've craked it

Ok guys I was having same problem with shots missing when I was sure I had them lined up perfect. But I stuck with it since I was sure it was due to my throbing hangover. After a while I noticed my mouse felt a little odd (ive got an mx518) so I go into controls/imput and see i have mouse smothing set at somthing like 0.95 when i usualy have it at 0, but what is more odd is I have a box called mouse lag compensation, or somthing like that, ticked. Don't ever remember seeing this before so I un-tick it, go back into game and sudenly i'm not missing those rifle shots any more

Anoying thing is, each time the map changes my mouse smothing resets, though the box doesn't re-tick it self.

Could some of the others having problems check this to see if they see the same effect? Could just be me imagining it, but it seemed to fix it for me.

Upvote 0
Huh. I joined a server in the wee hours of the morning to try out the patch. Upon joining, I got three rifle kills. Felt the same to me, but of course with better visuals and improved performance and load times. I'm having a blast. I've also noticed melee seems to work a lot better. That, or the guy just happened to be really good in smashing my face in without the fear of death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There IS a problem with ballistics. I don't know if it's some kind of packet loss or hit detection got botched, but something is wrong. There are enough experienced players here that are intelligent and play the game often enough to know the difference in having a bad night, high ping, or packet loss and a serious bug.

It pisses off the community when there is a serious bug that is very detrimental to game play and the president of the company shrugs us off as if we don't know what the hell we're talking about. We know what ping is, we know what lag is, we know how it effects game play. Shots are simply not registering at times. Please look into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Remember it's never the players fault that makes him miss shots it's always the game :rolleyes:

What is up with this idiotic sarcasm?

Like Monstar said "something is wrong. There are enough experienced players here that are intelligent and play the game often enough to know the difference in having a bad night, high ping, or packet loss and a serious bug."

It is quite clear that a substantial number of long time players are on to something here!

Upvote 0
well i thought id just got crapper thats still probbally the reason shocked to find this thread though unless it really is lag or just a conincidence that everyones crappier now :p

but ive never had this before the patch its even in practise mode...i put it down to my computer being new and me not being used to the settings but unless naything comfirmed ill leave it down to me sucking more than i did before the patch

and Ramm i know this happens after every patch but homour us please is there any way this could happen i know in the beta tests there werent much infrantry testing and to be honest i didnt notice anything then.... im gonna play around with my settings a bit and ill get back to u

Upvote 0

Like Monstar said "something is wrong. There are enough experienced players here that are intelligent and play the game often enough to know the difference in having a bad night, high ping, or packet loss and a serious bug."

It is quite clear that a substantial number of long time players are on to something here!

Some mongrel missing = Long time player on to something.

Upvote 0
Yes, there is something going on.

And I don't know where it's happening but I too had these RESTED SHORT TO MIDDLE RANGE shots (like 6 Mosin bullets on a stationnary target) that just won't register and some lag/packetloss effect even though nothing shows with the "F6" key. Happened mostly on the 2nd 50 TWB server.

So, like I posted in another thread, my take on the matter is that the server doesn't register the shots and/or is overloaded...

Upvote 0

And there is a bunch of experienced players that are intelligent and play the game often enough to know that there have been no change at all and doesn't complain the first second they think anything is wrong.

I too, may use anecdotal evidence to back up silly ranting that's just a badly disguised panic attack for something that never happened, oh wait.

Upvote 0
Ok guys I was having same problem with shots missing when I was sure I had them lined up perfect. But I stuck with it since I was sure it was due to my throbing hangover. After a while I noticed my mouse felt a little odd (ive got an mx518) so I go into controls/imput and see i have mouse smothing set at somthing like 0.95 when i usualy have it at 0, but what is more odd is I have a box called mouse lag compensation, or somthing like that, ticked. Don't ever remember seeing this before so I un-tick it, go back into game and sudenly i'm not missing those rifle shots any more

Anoying thing is, each time the map changes my mouse smothing resets, though the box doesn't re-tick it self.

Could some of the others having problems check this to see if they see the same effect? Could just be me imagining it, but it seemed to fix it for me.

Everyone who has had this problem try to look if this is the same for you. If it is then we know what the reason is if not then it still helps us.

Also ramm i havent forgotten the rifle inaccuracy/lag bug in what was it 3.0? Everyone said that there was something wrong and then shots where ending something totally different from where you aimed. You originally said that there was no such problem but eventually you found it out anyway. I just want you to that.

Upvote 0