• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles Have Been Nerfed Post-Patch

It is a predictable response considering this placebo effect has happened about 10 updates in a row :)
It's weird though because I know myself I'm not looking for problems that aren't there but this problem was so unusual to me which makes me think something got messed up somehow accidentally. I'm no expert but one thing that comes to my mind is maybe the ironsites somehow got misaligned in relation to where the bullet spawns from. Like you think you are dead on but the bullet is really coming out 1mm to the right of the sites or left etc. Anyway time will tell I guess maybe it is placebo.

Upvote 0
Well somethings different Ramm, and it's not a postpatch whine.

Seen a few stationary targets in the open also that didn't register with dead on shots, these at ranges of 50 yrds or so.

When you miss you miss, however ego soothing a whine might be there's definitely something after changing somewhere.

From the posts thus far rifles seem to be affected, it might warrant more than a reflex reply.

I tend to agree and have experienced this as well. The bolt rifle is still as accurate as ever, it isn't that it's been nerfed, but I have noticed a lot more "missing" shots. That is, shots that are fired but never seem to get to the target. The other night I stood with a semi-auto rifle as well and fired a while clip into an enemy from less than 10 yards, hitting every time, but none of the shots registered. This has happened to me before update but VERY VERY rarely, with both bolt and semi-auto. I'm noticing it now daily, several times per round. (My FPS is always good and high, I have a great system and my ping is usually low.)

This isn't a "something has changed that makes me suck" thread, it's a collection of anecdotal evidence, enough of it that might mean that something is indeed different or been inadvertently affected by the update?

Upvote 0
What often does happen post patch (especially when there is a free-weekend or guest passes), is that lots of servers are more full than usual, and lots of poeple are playing on servers they don't usually play on. And many server admins have thier player limits set too high, and thier server's CPU gets overloaded. This can cause weird lag related things to happen that don't usually occur.

Upvote 0
What often does happen post patch (especially when there is a free-weekend or guest passes), is that lots of servers are more full than usual, and lots of poeple are playing on servers they don't usually play on. And many server admins have thier player limits set too high, and thier server's CPU gets overloaded. This can cause weird lag related things to happen that don't usually occur.
Thanks for the answer Ramm.

Upvote 0

Understood Ramm, however ........I'm of the opinion that it's perhaps another issue.
Given the posters who share the same issue/bug with rifles I feel it might be worth investigating this a little further.

Yes there will always be postpatch interpretations of differing issues and server admins may have tweaked their limits etc.

Surely it would be worth some consideration and a little further investigation that there may be a glitch hidden in the cyrillic prose of text?

Upvote 0
Grenades not killing enemys? rofl they kill them as good as before.. the rifle is just like they were before. but i've also noticed bullets missing when they shouldn't. but i've seen that before to.
just like Ramm says.. it's placebo.
i've had the same feeling in other games. and then noticing it's just me. might also be fewer gamepass ppl now maybe thats why it's harder to hit. if something i've noticed it's like 2 times easier to hit enemys now then before the update!

Ramm are you sure you havent improved the aim? ;)

hmm i need to start using that big enter thingy i got on the keyboard....

by the way. i turned the bloom off so maybe it's the bloom making you think you aim right but you dont?

Upvote 0
i seen something like this even with a MG
i was playing a german and russian jump on the ground right in front of me
i fire smoke clear he still alive fire again he still alive
i end up fireing like 100 round at a russian 10 feet away before he died
i could see the bulits going though him but he would not die
i notice this sometimes on the tanks too, were a round goes right though a tank
:eek:

Upvote 0