• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do i get RO to look like it did Pre-patch?

Pdog

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2006
I don't like the new graphics, the game looks different and its more blocky and to sharp, it used to be real smooth. I turned bloom off and on and it didn't fix it, i got ansio and aa running both at 16x, my vid card is a geforfce 8800gtx

pre patch

pdogmg1.jpg

post patch

pdogmg2.jpg

Last edited:
well in your case you was one of the few persons that loved the old bloom appareantly. To me your first screenshot looks blurred or smooth as you call it that was a side effect of the old bloom that pretty much was fixed :p.

Btw in your controlpanel you should have options to anti alease textures, that will fix your "tree" problem.

Basically you loved a bug, that is no longer here :X

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You will have to do better with the comparaison screenshots, I don't see any real difference.

I 've looked using different moniters and at different resolutions !

I like the new bloom effect and note that fps loss is minimum !

Thanks...

try this.

After patch

cassy2a.jpg

Before patch

cassy2bbb.jpg

But you notice a bigger difference actually seeing the monitor than just a screenshot. The game is smoothing out the jaggies at moderate distance, so a dudes helmet running through a trench or something i can't make out because it blends in with the terrain, before it was all smooth i could make out details now it sucks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All graphics options got reset too. You sure you set all options to highest again? And do you have exactly the same AA and AF as before because too much (especially AF) can make things look blurry. I don't have AF any higher than 8...so try different AA, AF and reduce gamma, brightness etc. Also check you have the same type of 16x AA as before, if you set it in RO instead of Nvidia control panel now..16x Quality, SS etc. You also have gamma, brightness settings different..looks darker in your old pic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He is complaining about how the new bloom means its not blurry which for some bizzare reason he liked. Be glad, now you will be able to see people at long distance.

There is an exploit at the top of the kauk hill where the mgers head is in the soil and cant be shot from the shepherds path.

i used to see people from far away range just fine before.
now i don't see them. if a dude is kneeling behind the rock wall on kauk i can't make out the top part of his helmet, it blends in with the rock line jaggies. Before the helmet would be smoothed out and i can make it out against the crags of the rocks. Look at the trees.

My gfx settings are all the same, i didn't change anything.

look at the trees, you can see what im talkin about.

Upvote 0