• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics T34/76 vs SU-76

Heh, I'm gaining a new respect for the Su-76. I managed to kill a Tiger with a few HE rounds (it was already yellow at least).

That whole no armor on top thing is an issue. Saw the gunner get vaporised by an incoming round. Vehicle was OK, just no more tanker.

It would be great to see this in a combined arms map with NO other tanks. So the Su-76 can do what it does best - infantry support.

Germans should still have fausters though.

Upvote 0
The SU 76 is advantageous for its fast reload, true, but it is also hardier than the T34.

How many times have you lobbed shell after shell into the SU76 (all penetrating) and it survived? I'm sure it's just a bug, but the fact remains that those things can survive hit after hit after hit. The T34 can't do that. That's why I just ignore those tanks if I'm in a Tiger or something, because I know it'll take more than a couple rounds (sometimes five or six or more!) to kill it.

Upvote 0
I know the advantages and disadvantages of a PzIV 75mm vs a StugIII 75mm (lower profile vs turret rotation freedom), but is there any real advantage of picking an SU-76 over a T34/76.
Well, I did sustain like 40 non penetrating shots in a T34/76 (mostly AP, with quite a few HE thrown in) in Krivoi Roig today. On the other hand, I like only killed 2 during that time. On the other hand, I must admit I rake more kills with the SU, with the good reload speed and the fact I can switch to binocs faster after firing to see where my shell exactly land and make range adjustments. Problem is that there aren't trees to hide back into like in BDJ like Reddog said. Plus like http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/member.php?u=4694 said, SU can be great fun on Rackowice. Red geysers are beautifull... Also, it's fun when it's burning, but you're still inside in the middle of the flames, firing at and destroying axis tanks.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The main advantage of an SU use that it can pump out a lot of HE pain on enemy infantry. The t-34 has a much longer reload time. If you're good at hiding you can put 2 shots into someone's side and kill them before they notice where you are.

At extremely long range you can also adjust for range mis-calculations faster and hit the enemy before he even has his gun aimed properly.

Upvote 0
I love the StugIII but the SU-76 is not usefull in my opinion . The gun and the armor are to weak .

I've seem the SU-76 do unbelievable damage in Black July, sitting up high on the road out of the German spawn area. I think a lot of the supposed hit survival of the SU-76 is due to some logic that lets shells through the hit box without exploding, so if the SU is up high and its targets are below at the right angle it will get the weaker top armor and the return shells will slip through the hit box on the SU.

Just a guess of course.

Upvote 0