• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An old veteran returns

Crushyerbones

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2007
Hello everyone. I'm an old player from the old mod days of RO. I'm about to buy the game from amazon.com and I've been playing the most recent free trial. There seem to be a lot of new vehicles and maps but unfortunately the manual is gone and the actual website doesn't seem to have much info... Can anyone give me a hand into the major changes made?

I've also been on a Tournament a
while back, BFE:RO I think... I've been wanting a similar experience for a while... Is Iron Crescendo it?

By the way: I know about the lean keys on the tanks but someone mentioned some "fat keys". Was this a joke?

Thanks a lot in advance and if the devs are reading this: No, I never tought you had sold out. I just have problems trusting my credit card to more than enough places :p And these free updates I've heard about seem more than awesome. Keep it up, and let's hope to god you all end up rich soon xD

Hey everyone,

I guess I'm reviving an old thread ;). I'm also an old RO player back when it was a UT2003 mod. I haven't played it all that much, maybe a few maps as a bolter (first time i saw iron sights in a game). It wasn't very popular back then if my memory serves me correctly.

Anyway I saw that Steam had a free-week of RO so I decided to give it a shot. What a game! Naturally I bought it (great work Tripwire!!!)

I have a question of my own:

To anyone that has played Day of Defeat (preferably the classic version), did getting used to RO seem easy? Every time I play a map like Danzig or Konigzplatz (however you spell it) it brings back memories of DoD.

Having said all that, I'm enjoying the game and I love the little touches (manual reload, picking up every item from a dead soldier, tanks) that the game has.

And yes, I still play as a bolter just like in the old RO.

Upvote 0