• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Released - Free Trial Period!

On Tula, as German, I used to be able to look all the way across the ravine at the beginning and see the Russian bodies clearly inside of the bunkers. Now the bunker openings are completely blurred.
Not willing to sound like a bastid but I think you're over making it. I never been able to see clearly the russian bodies in the bunks and I play on a 27" nowadays.

And it's strange because my game looks even better with their auto-settings now. :eek:

Upvote 0
It's ok mate. I could see that far. I was able to see a single moving pixel from the Russian spawn (the blown tank) out to the Seig on Konigs - and then connect with it using a bolt. My specialty on Tula was with the MG-34 and the single shot. I could snipe guys right out of the bunkers with ease. Can't do it anymore.. or at least I couldnt yesterday cause I cant even see into the openings anymore :p. I need to mess with the settings a bit more - hopefully I can get that crispness back. I need to be able to see things moving at the distance I used to! My jaw dropping badassedness depends on it! :D:p

Upvote 0
Not to toot my own horn or anything, I only use a single shot or bolt in game and that's all I've ever used. I normally don't miss much and when I do, I know it's me being off by just a bit.

Last night I played the game for hours and still did fairly well but now instead of racking up single shot kills as I used to, I'm going through clip after clip and only getting a few kills here and there for that matter most of my shots were missing period - these shots would have NEVER missed before the patch. Heck I noticed I was more accurate running around Hip-shooting than I was with a dead on iron'ed sited shot.

Were the guns nurfed or what? I had so many dead on shots last night and before the update these shots would have NEVER missed, but now I'm only hitting like 1 out of every 5-7 shots or should I say getting a kill... The one map that was real bad was Zhitomir1941, I wasn't able to hit anything, I actually ran out of ammo several times. I'd have to say out of those 9 clips I had a total of 5 kills if I was lucky.

Seemed the machine guns etc. were 10 times more accurate, I was getting picked off by the smaller machine guns from distances that my rifle would have never missed. When I say dead on shots I mean you'd have to be viewing me play and you'd be shocked that it wasn't a kill or even a hit for that matter. I'm not sure if it's due to graphics lag now or what the case is, because my pings in server were as good as they ever are, but it's not good for us bolt action guys...

I had the same problem when I first loaded up the game after the update. I was using a g43 and even at a few meters my bullets did not seem to register. even after unloading an entire clip in an enemies back! I even ran up to some Ruskie and bayoed him in the chest...nothing. But after a while this "bug?" vanished. Then it was almost like I couldn't miss. One shot kills and all. It was strange.:confused:

Upvote 0
I think my table tennis table has the same bug although it admittedly runs on a different engine. If I stop playing for a while and then I start again I would often not hit my opponents half but rather my opponent himself which is of course a great thing in RO but not so much in table tennis. After about 20 minutes the bug vanishes tough. Strange. Strange indeed. I tried to reinstall the table again (but I didn't delete the folder or other left-overs) but it didn't work. The bug is gone for now, but I am worried that it might come back should I stop playing for a while again, and experience tells me I am rightly so.

TRIPWIRE! GET OFF MY TABLE TENNIS TABLE!:p

Upvote 0
Well my computer hasn't worked since yesterday afternoon (might be something to do with me turning it off by the plug in a hurry before RO had a chance to 'power down' after I'd quitted it.) so I don't know when I'll be able to see the update or even just play again... :(

Anybody got any ideas on how to get my PC working again? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My jaw dropping badassedness depends on it! :D:p
lmao, yeah making those shots where the target is only a tiny pixel on your monitor and where the target itself doesn't even hear the gunshot are badass.

The problem in those cases being that 90% of the time the target doesn't realize what kind of masterpiece it was making that shot. :eek:

Upvote 0
I think my table tennis table has the same bug although it admittedly runs on a different engine. If I stop playing for a while and then I start again I would often not hit my opponents half but rather my opponent himself which is of course a great thing in RO but not so much in table tennis. After about 20 minutes the bug vanishes tough. Strange. Strange indeed. I tried to reinstall the table again (but I didn't delete the folder or other left-overs) but it didn't work. The bug is gone for now, but I am worried that it might come back should I stop playing for a while again, and experience tells me I am rightly so.

TRIPWIRE! GET OFF MY TABLE TENNIS TABLE!:p

Don't be such an sarcastic a**.

I played the game in both beta and current(at the time) versions frequently in the weeks leading up to the current update release.

I am quite sure that shots that should have registered did not.

Although my skills at this game are average at best, I don't think that the anomaly I experienced can be chalked up to being "rusty" :cool:

Upvote 0
Don't be such an sarcastic a**.

I played the game in both beta and current(at the time) versions frequently in the weeks leading up to the current update release.

I am quite sure that shots that should have registered did not.

Although my skills at this game are average at best, I don't think that the anomaly I experienced can be chalked up to being "rusty" :cool:
Murphy's post is just hilarious. pure gold. :D

That said, I agree with you people about shots being off but my take on the matter is that it's not bug related but server related. As if some servers are overloaded or my connection fudges at some point resulting in shots not being registered. I can be of course wrong.

Upvote 0
while scrolling through this thread, I've noticed several people complaining about what was added to no end, do you guys realize that you didn't pay for this update, it was FREE. Heck most places would have dropped this game a long time ago, but TWI keeps bringing new content to keep the game alive.

Yeah .... I'm pretty pissed at Taldren, actually. I bought Starfleet Command 2 back in, what, 2001? Can you believe they're not supporting it anymore?!?!?! Actually, I don't even think they exist anymore!!! It's only been 6 years since that game was put out. I demand moar content for free!

But yeah, GJ TWI. :D

Upvote 0
Murphy's post is just hilarious. pure gold. :D

That said, I agree with you people about shots being off but my take on the matter is that it's not bug related but server related. As if some servers are overloaded or my connection fudges at some point resulting in shots not being registered. I can be of course wrong.
Now I have an excuse for my poor aim with the rifle. :D

Upvote 0
hmm, I thought that I was maybe imagining it, but then I noticed, when I looked in my display configs, that everything had been changed away from where I had it before. Bloom had been turned on, my brightness/gamma/contrast were changed, the AA and anistropic filters were activated... I still need to play around with the settings to get it back to what it was before, but after spending a good amount of time on it last night it seems I cant get it to look as crisp as it used to. Has a 'film' or 'haze' been added to the non-bloom graphics? For example, if you are Russian, playing Danzig, and you take the far right route through the building into the second half of the map - towards Langer - when you come out of the door and the rubble hill and Langer are to your right - I used to be able to stand in that doorway and see, crystal clear, the German bodies on the balcony of the Command out in the distance. Now it's complete blur - or haze. And that isnt even a long distance. On Tula, as German, I used to be able to look all the way across the ravine at the beginning and see the Russian bodies clearly inside of the bunkers. Now the bunker openings are completely blurred. Once again, just curious if you added extra haze or blur to the non-bloom graphics? If I knew either way, it could save me a lot of time trying to reconfigure my settings.

anyway).

Yea i'd like to know too, i'm finding it hard to get the clearness i like i've turned off bloom but it just doesnt seem as crisp as before then again im playing a new computer and i could just be in my head.
P.S Rez if you get the clearness back let me know what settings you use and i'll do the same.

Upvote 0