• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper rifles

I would like very much if it would be possible to load other rifles also with single rounds. It irritating sometimes when you move in to a safe rally position to rest a little before charging to cap zone, and shoot someone on the way, and then you have rifle with 2-3 rounds in the mag. You can't reload unless you shoot the remaining rounds off (like with some damn Garand!) which takes forever, reveals you position and gives the enemy plenty of chances to shoot or 'nade you. Other choice is to attack with half empty weapon and run out of ammo at the worst moment.

Upvote 0
I would like very much if it would be possible to load other rifles also with single rounds. It irritating sometimes when you move in to a safe rally position to rest a little before charging to cap zone, and shoot someone on the way, and then you have rifle with 2-3 rounds in the mag. You can't reload unless you shoot the remaining rounds off (like with some damn Garand!) which takes forever, reveals you position and gives the enemy plenty of chances to shoot or 'nade you. Other choice is to attack with half empty weapon and run out of ammo at the worst moment.

Good post mate , i also would like to see that , it might require little effort from the coders to implement it in a future patch and would be more realistic

Upvote 0
the scope of the kar98 actually allowed to load the rifle with stripper clips. dunno about the russian though

Not so much, not without removing the scope, for the 91/30. And I'm thinking probably not for the Kar98k either ... neither of my Kar's are scoped, but the stripper clips are a good 2.5 or 3" tall, and I know that the scopes didn't sit that far above the receiver ....

Upvote 0
Not so much, not without removing the scope, for the 91/30. And I'm thinking probably not for the Kar98k either ... neither of my Kar's are scoped, but the stripper clips are a good 2.5 or 3" tall, and I know that the scopes didn't sit that far above the receiver ....

well i got my information from the old dod :rolleyes: where the role description said that the high mounted scope would allow the use of stripper clips. in dod you could reload the springfield with stripper clips, too, which isnt realistic but balanced things out. i think there were some discussions about that in their forums

Upvote 0
there were some german scopes that sat more to the front of the rifle so that strippers could be loaded (although those scopes were more rare and are not in the game)

Yeah, there was a forward mounted long eye relief thing, and yeah, it was very rare. It was rare because it was essentially worthless - it was just a 1.5x scope, very narrow, with minimal light gathering capabilities. IIRC it's the vf41 or something similar.

As for a regular K98 sniper with a traditional short eye relief scope that you could use strippers with ... find me one that offers 3 inches of clearance (2.5" stripper height + .5" for fingers) between the upper surface of the bolt and the bottom of the scope ... maybe I'll consider it as a possibility.

Upvote 0