• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Using the Unreal 3 engine?

Chazman1946

Mar 9, 2006
Has the tripwire team thought about redoing RO and all further add-ons on the Unreal 3 engine?

I just played the MOHA demo that uses this engine, and it produced vastly improved smooth running graphics on my medium grade rig (AMD 64 3400, 2 gig of ram, ATI Radeon 1600xl 500 meg.) without a hitch.

Unfortunately MOHA is just another run and gun eye candy game, where you can't even go prone??

RO using this engine would place it at the ultimate top of the heap in my estimation!

UE3's one of the most licenced engines of all time judging by the list of companies with the licence released last year.

But yes, as already stated, TWI have a licence for UE3 and I'd say with a fair degree of certainty that their next project is beyond the conceptual stages. Don't expect to hear about it until either late this year or early next year though. I've been hanging around TW since before they were called TW and if I've learned anything, it's that they don't announce things until they're in the testing stages and a release is on the horizon. The wait until an announcement will be longer, but once that happens, it'll only be a few short months until release.

Upvote 0
UE3's one of the most licenced engines of all time judging by the list of companies with the licence released last year.

But yes, as already stated, TWI have a licence for UE3 and I'd say with a fair degree of certainty that their next project is beyond the conceptual stages. Don't expect to hear about it until either late this year or early next year though. I've been hanging around TW since before they were called TW and if I've learned anything, it's that they don't announce things until they're in the testing stages and a release is on the horizon. The wait until an announcement will be longer, but once that happens, it'll only be a few short months until release.

Especially Ostfront announcement was quick :) We just had the 3.3 update thinking "This will hold us over for 2-3 months . . ." and whammo, Ostfront is 5 months away :D

Upvote 0
From the MOH: A demo what I really most like about the U E 3 is the ability to look at your own body (only when your inside the plane and parachuting), the 'in your face' sprinting effects and the blurry visuals when you look around the screen. Even those features alone makes me want to buy this game so badly.

The U E 3 would really make full use of it's potential if all our computers ran at 10GHz or over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MoH:A looks great. Plays smoothly enough technically but gameplay and such shows it for what it is: a console-ized port to PC with a slew of console features and limitations forced on the PC user base. Tons of crap, missing common feature like prone, the inability to actually iron-sight and move, mind-boggling key combinations to do anything, no toggle for iron sight, and just a mess more of console friendly features. The HUD is ridiculous, huge first off, then the grenade indicators, enemy indicators, ticking grenades, etc. It is a run and gun kiddy dream game. Feels like more headless chicken, chase your tail b.s. in a new engine. All dressed up and pretty but the same whore in the middle.

Upvote 0
Nah. If Crysis has the same "feel" as Farcry (and I really think it will) then I wouldn't want RO on it. I'd keep an eye out for UE4 though if I were you. Epic's been working on it since shortly after the unveiling of UE3 and if you think UE3 and CryEngine2 look good, I'm willing to bet UE4's going to blow your socks off.

Upvote 0