• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Released - Free Trial Period!

This update destroyed my RO. On a fully patched XP Pro computer the patch broke the game. The error I get says that the application C:\Prog....RedOrchestra.exe requested that it be shut down in an unusual way.

Doesn't work. You guys tested this right?

Any help would be appreciated. I posted a more detailed description on the expanding thread of people with similar problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well...................FIRST I must say that the NEW bloom effect works a dam good charm, second it looks fantastic!.............ok all the same :p I quite liked the dirty look to RO before the patch but i am very pleased @ how this has worked out!

I run with a good machine with a 8800 gts OC card and it's FAB but with the usual lag on DANZIG.....i know it's driver related, but it does seem a bit worse :(

With that said.......................ON danzig has anyone seen that.....bug ( ok lets clear this, On danzig on the =IcM= server tonight i was commander. About 12:00 uk on allies and when i died and respawned, right away! the smoke was gone! Now i would have put this to a mishap BUT it happened all the way through all rounds, quite strange.

ALL the same TW very well done and had alot of fun with pubs on our server and hope that all works out.

Wolfhound.

Upvote 0
I turned bloom off just to see the difference, and it seems like everything is a touch blurrier than before.. or maybe a better word would be hazy, foggy. Were some other changes made to the non-bloom graphics? I felt like I had to go in and re-do some of my settings, but even then I couldnt get that haze to go away.

:confused:

I have the same problem...
I'll play with the settings a bit, to see if I can get back to normal...

Upvote 0
Ok: How did you do that Tripwire? Why does everything look crispier than before although the blooming is stronger where it counts (even the bright part of the mosin seems to glow a bit. Did it do that before?)?
And why is there no difference in performance (at least none that I would have noticed)?

I'm no tech-freak, but this is interesting. Could you please explain in semi-in-depth how you achieved that and what exactly was changed?

Upvote 0
Weapon Nurfing???

Weapon Nurfing???

Not to toot my own horn or anything, I only use a single shot or bolt in game and that's all I've ever used. I normally don't miss much and when I do, I know it's me being off by just a bit.

Last night I played the game for hours and still did fairly well but now instead of racking up single shot kills as I used to, I'm going through clip after clip and only getting a few kills here and there for that matter most of my shots were missing period - these shots would have NEVER missed before the patch. Heck I noticed I was more accurate running around Hip-shooting than I was with a dead on iron'ed sited shot.

Were the guns nurfed or what? I had so many dead on shots last night and before the update these shots would have NEVER missed, but now I'm only hitting like 1 out of every 5-7 shots or should I say getting a kill... The one map that was real bad was Zhitomir1941, I wasn't able to hit anything, I actually ran out of ammo several times. I'd have to say out of those 9 clips I had a total of 5 kills if I was lucky.

Seemed the machine guns etc. were 10 times more accurate, I was getting picked off by the smaller machine guns from distances that my rifle would have never missed. When I say dead on shots I mean you'd have to be viewing me play and you'd be shocked that it wasn't a kill or even a hit for that matter. I'm not sure if it's due to graphics lag now or what the case is, because my pings in server were as good as they ever are, but it's not good for us bolt action guys...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand why TWI can't improve the game with making 3d sound of voice commands when this is so important and finally voice commands would be useful in battle. People want it so much. Maybe some other people are happy of this update but I can't understand why is so cool when still there are so frustrating and serious bugs like not recoiling smg when fps is less than 15 (you can hit then enemy even from 200m), too big recoil of ppsh (if recoil is working) or wrong limits of smg on servers with for example 40 slots as on servers with less than 32 slots and other bugs. The main role of update is to attract more people to buy the game by showing so cool, new map and new tank when it was need to only remove skirts in hull.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Keystone have you ever posted anything positive about the game? When it comes to new features we as developers have to balance the new features with the amount of time we have to complete them to meet internal deadlines. If we tried to make all the changes posted here on the forums and all the changes we here in the TWI offices would like to see all done in one patch you would not get that patch for a long time as there are just so many things people want to see different. I am in no way saying your suggestions are not important or that they are not really wanted by the community. What I am saying though is we here at TWI decide what we can get finished by our deadlines. We have many many features we want in game that end up being pushed back to be re evaluated for the next patch. That is just how it is.

Sabu

Upvote 0
I don't understand why TWI can't improve the game with making 3d sound of voice commands when this is so important and finally voice commands would be useful in battle. People want it so much. Maybe some other people are happy of this update but I can't understand why is so cool when still there are so frustrating and serious bugs like not recoiling smg when fps is less than 15 (you can hit then enemy even from 200m), too big recoil of ppsh (if recoil is working) or wrong limits of smg on servers with for example 40 slots as on servers with less than 32 slots and other bugs. The main role of update is to attract more people to buy the game by showing so cool, new map and new tank when it was need to only remove skirts in hull.

who cares about voice commands?? does anyone us them lol
I think tw has done a pretty nice update. a lot more match and tourney support a small specate fix.. now i hope they start working on a decent demoplay option ;) (at least add new features in it, free roaming that stuff) new updates to that old ut 2.5 engine.. not that I use any bloom or AA settings but i guess there are people out there trying to play the game at max grap. I have the feeling that the game runs smoother anyway now.. I don't know why.. aiming shooting goes alot more natural or how you say that ;)

keep up the good work.. and release us some redorchestra 2 wip pictures ********* ;)

Upvote 0
Tor, a man that cares...

Tor, a man that cares...

who cares about voice commands??

Who cares?!? Who cares!?! I care. I really care!! All who would like to see this game, this GREAT game, turn into something even greater, care. The implementation of 3D sound has been discussed and advocated for on several occasions - by me and others.

I don't post much, but that doesn't reflect my love for the game. I post when there are things I care about... it seem to me, that with 95%, I am not the only one to want 3D sound.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19117

Still, thx for many good updates so far... indeed excellent... though I am still waiting for the 3D update:D

Upvote 0
while scrolling through this thread, I've noticed several people complaining about what was added to no end, do you guys realize that you didn't pay for this update, it was FREE. Heck most places would have dropped this game a long time ago, but TWI keeps bringing new content to keep the game alive.

As for the Free passes, I'm just restating what has been said before. While TWI is very community orientated, just bringing fresh content to an exclusive club of people who already have/know about the game doesn't put bread on the table, they are still a business, and as that business they need to make money. So what does any business do, they advertise and attract more customers; just like the lady at the grocery store handing out samples of cheese. This is kinda like you complaining to the store manager that they shouldn't hand out cheese samples because then there will be less cheese in the dairy cooler.

p.s. if you still want to complain, you have 3 options; Make a mod yourself or go to the TWI website and apply job for a job as a programmer, get hired and make your own content, and lastly, if you cannot do the previous 2, post your request in the Ideas and suggestions forum politely and leave it at that.

rant over...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sidus Preclarum said:
I have the same problem...

hmm, I thought that I was maybe imagining it, but then I noticed, when I looked in my display configs, that everything had been changed away from where I had it before. Bloom had been turned on, my brightness/gamma/contrast were changed, the AA and anistropic filters were activated... I still need to play around with the settings to get it back to what it was before, but after spending a good amount of time on it last night it seems I cant get it to look as crisp as it used to. Has a 'film' or 'haze' been added to the non-bloom graphics? For example, if you are Russian, playing Danzig, and you take the far right route through the building into the second half of the map - towards Langer - when you come out of the door and the rubble hill and Langer are to your right - I used to be able to stand in that doorway and see, crystal clear, the German bodies on the balcony of the Command out in the distance. Now it's complete blur - or haze. And that isnt even a long distance. On Tula, as German, I used to be able to look all the way across the ravine at the beginning and see the Russian bodies clearly inside of the bunkers. Now the bunker openings are completely blurred. Once again, just curious if you added extra haze or blur to the non-bloom graphics? If I knew either way, it could save me a lot of time trying to reconfigure my settings.

Actually, I'd like to recommend, in the most polite fashion, for future patches, try not to forcibly change peoples configurations - let them know what enhancements you've made, and if they want to try it out, they can go in and change them themselves. PITA to have to spend a lot of time fine tuning in order to get the picture you once had and are most comfortable with.

Is there, or will there be the option to turn off that white kill message thing? It's highly distracting (to me anyway) and rather unnecessary (to me anyway).

Upvote 0