• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Direct I.P. connect problems

Hey all, please help

my friend and I love R.O. but hate some of the a-hole players. So we would like to play in our own listen server room. Now both of us can connect to any room we choose no problem, and both of us can go into one of the internet rooms and play together. However whenever one of us sets up the listen server we cannot join, just get black screen with connecting to i.p. Does not work with direct i.p. or picking from internet list. Game co. said it may be a router issue but that makes no sense we can play with anyone else. I made sure to get the port list and manually open them all. Can anyone help, we would really love to play.
Thank you for any assistance p.s. I have just patched unreal and R.O. to latest version with no success.

Hey all, please help

my friend and I love R.O. but hate some of the a-hole players. So we would like to play in our own listen server room. Now both of us can connect to any room we choose no problem, and both of us can go into one of the internet rooms and play together. However whenever one of us sets up the listen server we cannot join, just get black screen with connecting to i.p. Does not work with direct i.p. or picking from internet list. Game co. said it may be a router issue but that makes no sense we can play with anyone else. I made sure to get the port list and manually open them all. Can anyone help, we would really love to play.
Thank you for any assistance p.s. I have just patched unreal and R.O. to latest version with no success.

Your playing the MOD dude! This forum is for the full game.....................................

We all own a copy of RO:OST here on these forums and this is the offical site for the game you can get both in stores, and on Valves Steam system.

Upvote 0
make sure you're starting an internet game (or local game if you use hamachi) in the settings, and that no firewall block it.

then let your friends just add your ip to their favorites and try to connect. There is really nothing more about it. So if they can't connect something internet concerned is mostlikely blocking it.

Also don't just trun off your firewall, or anit-virus software. All you need to do is tell them to allow the game to do what it wan'ts to do. Normaly most anit-virus programs will promt you for this kind of action the moment you try runing the program.

That is if thats the problem. I hope you and your friends can play soon!

BTW UT is not part of the full game so there is no need to keep it on your PC anymore if you don't play it. RO uses that engine thats true but it dose not require you to have that game instaled on your PC before you can play it. That engine comes with the game so you realy got 2 games that use the same engine takeing up twice the ammount of space if you only play one of them.

Upvote 0