• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis Discussion Thread

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48661
September 25 is sure to bring relief to some lucky PC gamers and premonitions of system upgrade expense to others, as the Crysis single-player demo is released. The demo will contain the first level from the full game, and publisher EA promises it will showcase "a huge surprise from Crytek."
There's no official min system requirements released yet.

I will only download this to check the power of my new pc, and nothing else.
The premises of the game dont appeal to me at all. Nanosuit, jumping around like a crazed monkey and beating trucks across camps, adjusting your weapons on the fly -_-
All under the comment of adding 'tactics' to the game, lol. If that's (proper) tactics, i'm fred flintstone.

Upvote 0
I think its gonna be necessary in order to fight the aliens that come.

And that's another thing i dont like about it. I cant stand aliens hehe :)
I'm glad they announced them early on this time, not like they did with FarCry and announce the damn mutants a month for release... That was such a letdown, i wouldve played FC through to the end if it wasnt for those mutants...
Especially the tank-infiniterocketlauncher one

Upvote 0
Oh yay, another game my PC can't run!

Speaking of which, I'm now accepting donations to the "get chicken a new PC" fund. Just send me your creditcard details... ;)

Especially the tank-infiniterocketlauncher one
Tell me about it. I didn't mind the first few monkey ones (it had a very "Jurassic Park" feel when you first encountered them) but the rocket launcher ones and the sniper ones that could cloak and stick to walls were just bloody stupid. The end of that game was so insanely hard. As if just getting up to the volcano wasn't bad enough, the last fight in the crater was harder than most boss fights from any other game (if anyone found it easy, you clearly had your difficulty level on "little girl") and made no sense whatsoever.

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to Crysis. The only question I have is whether it will feature ballistics ala Stalker. If not that sucks considering how big the islands are.

Judging from what they've shown so far, I don't think you're going to shoot anyone from far enough away for ballistics to matter. You might shoot someone 100m away, tops.

Upvote 0
Judging from what they've shown so far, I don't think you're going to shoot anyone from far enough away for ballistics to matter. You might shoot someone 100m away, tops.

FarCry didnt have ballistics either, and you could snipe from pretty far away.
Not ArmA-style, but still far away.
Just aim on the sidewards sprinting character 1 kilometre away and BAM! he goes down, lol.

Upvote 0
Far Cry was hard but very fun. And of course the graphics were insane and smooth on my new 7600gt. I beat the game on the hardest difficulty level right before I started playing RO. I think it primed me for tactical style gameplay without actually being tactical.

I really hope Crysis has weapon ballistics what with the ranges available in the island environment. Hitscan weapons are so 2005.

Upvote 0