• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AvP 2 (Requiem). Rated R for Ruddy Violent. (Film, not game)

Actually I quite enjoyed the re-make of Planet of the Apes, was never much of a fan of the classics. I was fully aware it was a "silly remake" and expected nothing of it.
It annoys me that publishers/studios take a universe that has so much in it, mash it together with your bog standard on-screen violence/lowest common denominator film making/cliches and release it. If you're not going to tell the story properly leave it the hell alone instead of souring it to line your pockets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Planet of the Apes had me looking at the world with different eyes after I have seen it. The remake however was nothing but a silly sci-fi flick and it wasn't even interesting to watch. I stopped watching it shortly after Kris Kristofferson showed up.

AvP1 was an entertaining movie as long as only the Alien or the predator were on-screen. Humans were utterly superfluous and in terms of style, acting and character they would have fitted great into one of those cheap catastrophe-thrillers where another mountain collapses and burries a generic pregnant woman...

AvP1 ended with an Alien egg hatching in the dead predator's body in the predator's ship. It would be amusing (amusing! I know it makes no sense because the Preds know the Aliens already) to see Predatorian space-men confronted with the same as the folks from "Alien". Kinda like Alien with Predators as humans. :p
It could contain obscure references to the older movies and be generally hilarious. I don't see a place for humans other than as prisoners who try to escape in the chaos that errupts during the course of the movie and while doing so they get between the fronts of two deadly beasts. I really hope they take a slightly humorous approach (sort of like most Schwarzenegger action movies, or the Bond movies) because AvP can't be taken serious anyway.

Upvote 0