• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do I .....? The Thread for all questions more than general.

I checked is it tank visible when is behind the building. It's the same... and this is only 500m. So in RO really aren't any ways to do something that tank would be invisible? Beacuse if can't so what is sense of hiding behind bushes or buildings? This is a serious bug in RO, it looks like that you can't hide anywhere... except for hills. It can't do any ambush, anything... I hope that guys from TripWire do something with that and will be fixed in next update...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I checked is it tank visible when is behind the building. It's the same... and this is only 500m. So in RO really aren't any ways to do something that tank would be invisible? Beacuse if can't so what is sense of hiding behind bushes or buildings? This is a serious bug in RO, it looks like that you can't hide anywhere... except for hills. It can't do any ambush, anything... I hope that guys from TripWire do something with that and will be fixed in next update...

Hi Keystone,

Can you give us a bit more information about what is going on here? Is that BSP built structure or a static mesh? Also, what view distance are you using on the map?

It is possible that it could be a hardware related problem, rather than due to the engine. I haven't noticed similar problems on other maps. I'm thiking of Orel, for one, since you have structures out on open ground where vehicles routinely "hide".

Let us know, and we'll try to help.

Upvote 0
It's a BSP, don't know exactly what view distance is on that map. This is just an Orel 88vs76, I wanted check is it happening the same on this map as on other maps with that visibility of tank where are behind some objects. Is there any way to put anything that tank would be invisible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Smokey, much easier way to add satchel would be to open Hammer's or my map in editor, click find and the satchel pickup actor, copy it, open your map, paste it somewhere on your map, rebuild all and save. As long as the code is embedded in the previous map, like on Valley of Death, then it will be embedded in yours. Test it by playing map in practice mode without the satchel "u" file in the system folder. Good luck.

Upvote 0
noob question

noob question

I am a noob at mapping and working my way through the tutorial, please excuse if this is not the right place to ask. On page 34 of the RO SDK tutorial it shows you how to import and overhead map (QuickstartOverheadMap.bmp) into myLevel/maps and I am following the instructions but I have no map coming appearing in the texture browser..

Any help?

Upvote 0