• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra and Project Reality

I don't think that was a fair comparison, it was slightly balanced to the PR side. RO doubles, if not triples PR on plus side ;)

Also after you said "radar", this thread is finished for me :)

One thing I don't understand is also, that PR still keeps magical medics. Reviving dead people, and the "Health'O Matic Hello Kitten Bag

Upvote 0
PRM's medics are useful but not as magical. Headshot kills make people permanently dead, with no possibility of revival, as do many explosion deaths. And a single hit will make you bleed to death gradually unless you bandage it. It works very well, really, and I can't complain about the lack of realism, because it's a great game mechanic.

I haven't played PRM for some months, but I love both RO and PRM.

Upvote 0
I don't think that was a fair comparison, it was slightly balanced to the PR side. RO doubles, if not triples PR on plus side ;)
Also after you said "radar", this thread is finished for me :)
But, yeah. It has better(if not best) public teamplay.

I knew the word 'radar' would put someone off. :eek: If you read my description you would see it is anything but...I couldn't think of a better word at the time. Think of it as 'Squad Awareness Indicator'.

But I am not out to convert you. You obviously love RO and so do I. ;)

To the guy trying who had troubles, you had best post your PR troubles on the PR forums or this thread is sure to get closed or deleted. :eek:

Upvote 0
darn were just about to test it.. then someone said medics.. well now im turned off.. a medic would not be able to do much for a guy with a bullet trough his lung or liver;) it's just better to leave all those medpacks, medics and magic wrenches out.. then i might even give it a shot.

Even if one is lucky enough to be (only incapacitated and then) revived, in PR one is still in desperate need of further medical attention - which takes time. There is a very good bleeding effect for those in critical condition (such as after being revived), and a great loss of consciousness effect for people bleeding out in critical condition. You just don't see medics diving onto fallen soldiers, reviving them instantly to full health like vanilla BF2. It is almost_impossible_to help someone when under fire, although some medics give their lives trying. As several posters have said, medics are not overdone in PR. Sometimes they can help you stop bleeding to death from a flesh wound, much less often they can revive and then patch you up further. And only if they have lots of time..

Upvote 0
Even if one is lucky enough to be (only incapacitated and then) revived, in PR one is still in desperate need of further medical attention - which takes time. There is a very good bleeding effect for those in critical condition (such as after being revived), and a great loss of consciousness effect for people bleeding out in critical condition. You just don't see medics diving onto fallen soldiers, reviving them instantly to full health like vanilla BF2. It is almost_impossible_to help someone when under fire, although some medics give their lives trying. As several posters have said, medics are not overdone in PR. Sometimes they can help you stop bleeding to death from a flesh wound, much less often they can revive and then patch you up further. And only if they have lots of time..

Yeah, I got to stress this one too: medics are not the same like in BF2. Healing up to full health takes around 20 seconds or more and you must stand next to the guy being healed.

You can never achieve realism in a goddamn PC game so why are people constantly thinking excuses to not try PR out themselves? Most importantly of all, PR is more about teamplay than playability handicapping hardcore "realism". I was first skeptic about it too but that didn't stop me from trying it out. I would now buy BF2 just to be able to play it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I play PRM and think the developers have done a great job considering the abomination it's derived from (vBF2). Mind you , BF2 is a lot of fun if mindless blow things up and run and gun game play is what you want. Very much like DoD (which is fun) only you have tanks and planes as well.

Enough simulated realism in Project Reality to satisfy the gamer looking for realism without going over the top and becoming a simulator as Armed Assault tried to do. ( Check out the LOW on line player counts for Armed Assault.)

Apart from the various engine limitations , PRM game play is very much like RO and things like spawn points in PRM are meant to SIMULATE the fact that a "BF2 squad" , which in RL would more than likely be a section or platoon, has more than 6 members so the death of one or two members doesn't effect the groups abilities.

My biggest gripe with RO , and I've harped on this for ages , is the lack of an in game communications system that would promote team work. Hell , even an icon ala DoD over the person speaking would be great but nothing is being done in this area. That I think is the biggest reason you see so many not using VOIP in game..it's just a mass of confusion.

The VOIP squad system in PRM (which RO can't do anyway) is one of the things that makes the game so attractive to me (as well as the realism). Just great being a SL and sending someone ahead to scout the objective then figure out a plan of attack with the squad and execute it. Magical moments!!

Upvote 0