• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gernade suggestions

Gernade suggestions

• Total voters

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
I'd like to have grenades with a bigger blast radius and they should generally be more lethal. Sometimes I'm standing right next to one when it goes off but I remain unharmed.
Maybe the radius is fine but the chance you are hurt is too small. I don't know and I don't have the time to test it, but my request is still: Make the grenades be more lethal in a bigger radius.

Add random fuses so that grenades can't be timed exactly so you cook them just long enough so they go off as soon as they are over an enemy. If the fuses were random that wouldn't be possible and grenades would have to be used more carefully = thrown sooner.
The fuses should have a regular chance to last somewhere between 3-5 seconds (just figures. Use realisicc values here) with the occasional super-bad-luck that they go off after a second or only after 7 seconds.
Cooking them longer than 3 seconds should be very dangerous and cooking them at all should be slightly dangerous too.
You would have to throw your grenades sooner to be safe from them so
enemies would have more time to escape from it (most of the time) if they see it coming and thereby the bigger lethality radius wouldn't break the gameplay - only change it to something more exciting.
Random fuses have been mentioned often before, but I don't think we had them in a suggestions-thread yet.

Last edited:
People always seemed to have a problem with nadespam but it was only a matter of anoyance on some maps such as warshaw back in the mod days. The bigger radius coupled with perfectly timeable grenades and small corridors through which people HAD to go to get to the objectives made that map a spamfest.
The maps in the game are much more open (even city maps. Compare warshaw or Koitos with Oddessa or K

Upvote 0
What is the current bllast radius for grenades in RO? - If I recall correctly most real life grenades has a blast radius of about 5 meters or a lethal zone of 10 meters, that is the radius/lethal zone in which 50% of the soldiers will become casualties ( lying in some sort of cover or standing up in a open area or in terrain with lots of loose rocks etc. will of course affect the casualty rate) and by game experience I would gestimate that the in game grenade lethal zone is about 5 meters and somewhat less or more depending on the nature of the players amount of cover.

So by comparing in game grenade effectiveness with real life effectiveness I am not sure that a larger lethal zone is required?

Upvote 0
I know what you mean about not being killed by grenades that are close to you.

Correct me if im wrong but werent German grenades used more to "stun" whoever theyre thrown at to allow the infantry to move in for the kill?

But random fuses is definitly an interesting idea
And yet in game they seem more powerful than the Soviet M1 grenades at killing.

Upvote 0
You quoted me saying the "two suggestions" yet you only refer to the bigger blast radius. Of course a bigger blast radius combined with the current insta-explode timeable grenades would make things worse. That's were the random fuses come in.

Besides: Danzig was never a good map in that regard, not even in the mod days, nerfing the grenades to make it playable is the wrong way in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Well, in this case, more realism is not a good way to increase the funlevel. I can imagine horrid amounts of teamkilling, nadespamming and other rather inconvenient things that I have to say: leave the nades as they are, they are lethal enough. Plus, nadespam and nade-tks are already rather common, so increasing the blast radius and adding random fuses would just make things worse. I just think of maps like Danzig or PariserPlatz (Reichstag capture zone), where nadespamming is just a pain. I know, you can always avoid getting killed by a nade by simply not going where the nades are falling, but if everybody would act like that, the game would become an eerie campfest.

Upvote 0
Well, in this case, more realism is not a good way to increase the funlevel. I can imagine horrid amounts of teamkilling, nadespamming and other rather inconvenient things that I have to say: leave the nades as they are, they are lethal enough. Plus, nadespam and nade-tks are already rather common, so increasing the blast radius and adding random fuses would just make things worse. I just think of maps like Danzig or PariserPlatz (Reichstag capture zone), where nadespamming is just a pain. I know, you can always avoid getting killed by a nade by simply not going where the nades are falling, but if everybody would act like that, the game would become an eerie campfest.

I agree with you Soziopath. I mean nades are bad enough as is. Change it now and everyone would use them in place of real weapons ala BF2. Remeber the nade spamming that happened on any infantry map? god it was a nightmeare!

BTW we do have dud nades. So random fuses is a moot point. IE not every nade you toss will go off first time every time. Thats a good diterent right now for nade spamming. IE there is always the off chance that the two nades you tossed over that hill will not go off at all. Still I think you should be able to pick them up if they are duds, and use them like weapons. IE make em blow up by chucking them at the enemy then shooting it where it lands IE that would make it blow would it not?

Also any change in the nade system we had would drasitcly change how people play the game and what type of people play the game. IE what your suggesting would make alot of the realisim players IE me, and many others leave the game for good.

Upvote 0