• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Lazur50_beta1

Drecks

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
The Netherlands
General info

A testversion of this map had run for a couple of weeks on the TWB and AHZ 50 server. Have played it a couple of time over there and did some tweaks. Guess it;s time to do a wider release.

Tactical info

The map has 6 objectives

Russians have to attack and the first two objectives are situated at a railarea. These objectives can't be recapped so just fight hard to get them and head on.

Once these objectives are taken the fight for the Lazur warehousearea starts. Keep in mind there are more ways to get there. Don't follow the hurd try other flanks.
Allies can create an extra route to the Lazur warehousearea. To do this they need to blow up a red
door. Keep in mind Axis can recap this capzone

When the Russians manage to cap the Lazur warehousearea the fight for the Chemicalplant starts. Like the Lazur warehousearea this capzone has more ways to get in so it might be usefull to sneak into this area so once again don't follow the mass. Keep in mind Axis can recap this capzone.

When the Russians manage to cap the Chemical plant they out to get the Open field. It's neccesary the Russians control this open field in order to plan their final attack. Keep in mind Axis can recap this capzone.

The final objective is the Generator hall. The Germans use this huge building as their HQ Whipe them out and you win. Allies can create an extra route to the Generator hall. To do this they need to blow up the red door.

Screenshots: Here

Download:

=======================================================

It's very good possible that during playing the level you are dissappointed by the gameplay or any other aspect in this map. Don't yell or scream in game then. Just free your heart and molest your room or car.

Bye bye Drecks

Last edited:
I am getting confused is there only one version of this out? I played one this weekend and it was good. Still getting lost alot though. When you are at the first spawn point as germans it seems hard to find a way over to the Warehouse area to defend it Which this would be the right side of the map when looking at it. Once Russians cap Eastern Rail area then they easily take warehouse area because Germans then Spawn at a new place and you are all discombobulated to put up much of a defense. Shame to be cause there are some good areas to fight over in there like the rail tunnels.

-found some bushes in the warehouse area that had some collision issues.

Upvote 0
I got to play this on a pretty full server. It may be even harder for the Russians to win than the 32 man version! The staircase on the right is still the huge, frustrating meatgrinder that really isn't very fun.

What is fun, however, is the map after the Russians cap the staircase. Then the map becomes a big maze of shooting and lost soldiers. I think the chances of the Russians winning even from that point is about 5%, because there are so many capzones and so much area to cover, and so many directions to take, that getting enough guys in a particular capzone and surviving to cap is really something only for clan matches.

The russian bolts should have grenades, and I think there should be two Russian commander spots because they need the 4 smoke grenades.

Upvote 0
According to the bush with collission problems I think you guy played the previous testversion on the TWB server.
That catwalk meatgrinder is fixed in the beta1

I played this testversion a few time to gaher info about tweaks and released
this tweaked version as beta1. Have played this on some servers already and
it showed certain stuff. Like distance and routes to capzones.

Now it's time to gather suggestions for a beta 2 Well see what happens. Not gonna search to much for this info myself. The players can give their input.

Upvote 0
I think this map suffers from the same thing Zhitomir1941 does:

First round, people are still connecting/joining, teams are probably a bit un even and some peoples PCs (like mine) may still be warming up so the 'un-awareness' of the defending team means that the round is easier for the attacking team to win, or at least cap a few objectives more than they will in the...

...Second round, when most players are well in to it now and both teams are probably pretty even, now that the defending team is awake they can hold the first objective(s) for pretty much the whole round...

Obviously if there is a third round because the attackers won the first this will probably be won again by the defenders.

And don't have a go, I'm sure there's exceptions but this is pretty much how Zhitomir goes most of the time, at least when I'm playing on one of the TWB servers...

Despite how much I like Zhitomir I'd hate to see this map go the same sort of way... and I'd love to be able to see some action around the last objectives rather than just around the Eastern Railarea, because some of the rooms indoors look great. I don't really know how a problem like this could be solved though, I mean there are some nasty chokepoints which Russians just keep rushing into (and the Germans just keep defending) despite there being many entrances/points of attack that are relatively unused.

Upvote 0
I forget if in the recent patches the Devs have made it possible to scale the reinforcements, but perhaps the way to even things out is to limit the german reinforcements a lot more, so that in a match on a full server, they are worried about running out of guys with a couple of minutes to go.

Of course, on pub play, rather than conserve their reins most players will still rush forward as far as they can every time, so the germans will just run out of reins before they lose many capzones. Then they'll complaint the map is unfair.

Maybe Drecks, you could reduce the german reinforcements by say 100, but flash a message on the screen when they get to 75% reins that says "Protect our front line," at 50% it would say "Soldiers fall back now!" and at 25% it would say "Retreat and regroup at the rear line!"

Upvote 0
I played last night and it was still the 'test' version. Haven't played the actual beta 1 but a couple of times.

(based on the 'test') But I have to agree it does seem the Russians get hung up a bit on the Eastern Railyard. It should be tough, but once the Germans get there in force, it is extremely difficult for the Russians.

As far as Beta 1 is concerned, I would need to play it more to make useful suggestions. Perhaps it could be as simple as moving a German spawn point back maybe 20 or 30 meters....

Upvote 0
Just played the test version I think and the catwalk over the railroad tracks at eastern there is a problem on the russian end where the stairs down are there is something that blocks all bullets on that end saw it happen twice one i was 4ft away with a smg no way i missed plus mg shooting down the hall didnt hit anything till they cross the door way into the catwalk. but the russians can shoot through it just fine. Maybe you fixed it B1 but there you go.

Upvote 0
I played this map recently on The Wild Bunch server as the Russians and then the Germans. It did seem like the Russians had a tough time taking the final objective. Most players didnt realize that you could go underground to cap it. Playing as the Germans was fun but it really picked up while defending the Chemical Plant. I had a really fun time doing that, wandering around and engaging in close quarters combat with the Russians. Our team was able to hold the Russians off in the Chemical Plant for a good portion of the match.

One thing though, the number of sub machine guns for the Germans (10 I think?) seemed a bit much. It is a cool feeling finding the Ppsh as a rifleman and using that for a while, and I think letting the german assault troopers spawn with a Ppsh (or of course an MP40) would be neat.

Overall the look and atmosphere of the map is awesome, especially the Chemical Plant.

Upvote 0
I played at a full server and no one used used a rifle! 10 MP41's and 5 G41's is a bit too much. Those were the most rare guns you could find and this is in Stalingrad (where the supplyment drop was full of condoms instead of ammo!).

Next to that it is again something nice, I didn't had a chance to walk trough the whole map, but what I saw was very nice.

Upvote 0
I really don't like this map. I've played it maybe 3 times as Beta 1, a few things that bug me.

Too many doors and useless rooms, I guess it's nice to have them for atmosphere but its just too confusing. A straight walk from spawn to the cap zone would really help gameplay out.

When I played it with 42 players we had 1 rifle.

There is a lot of door camping which I don't like. The Russians get funneled into these small channels where they get killed very easily.

The Chemical Plant has a lot of places for Russians to hide and cap (mainly those railings). Dunno just not a fan of that, in my opinion you should have it be about shooting in that large open area.

Is the last cap zone still the same I've never gotten to see it? That objective was very flawed, the worst part of the original Lazur.

Upvote 0
There is one thing the release of the Lazur50_beta 1 has learned me.

A serious number of RO players have to many female hormons.
They get lost and can't find their way around just like woman in cars.

Dheepan " A straight walk from spawn to the cap zone would really help gameplay out"

How cool would it be when we all ran around in BASOVKA maps where everything is clear. How hard can it be to find a capzone when you spawn not that far away. I understand the first time it can be i bit hard, the 2th and 3th time it can be a tad difficult too, but how MORON PROOVE do i need to make it?

Another thing i heard to often is the map is to big. Now in my opinon a map with objectives can't be big enough. Just head for the objective instead of going for areas where indeed nothing happens.

Sander as Internet/Bookworm WW2 professor, off course you know the fights for The Lazur factory took place almost two months before the start of Operation Uranus. Obvious to me the Germans wheren't surrounded at that point. So the supplyment drops you mentioned seems unlogical to me.
It's a game Sander and in this game people like to pick weapons which could be possible in that era. And i think it's possible that at least 5 G41

Upvote 0