• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My visit of Castle Neuschwanstein (New Swan Stone). With Pictures!

Leaving the castle:

Mixed ones:

For everyone who also plans to visit Bavaria. Here is my advice:

Be sure to take enough money with you. Everything is extremely overpriced there in my opinion.

And, if you are going to the castle, make sure that you arrive early in the morning. Otherwise you won

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool. I visited the very same place during my trip around Germany. Thanks for the pictures. However, visiting the actual castle would have been a bit too costy and timetaking, as you mentioned. Castles are cool, but paying like 25 euros for visiting one is too much. They sure know how to make money.

linna.jpg

Upvote 0
The castle itself is pretty expensive but what did you expect anyways? It's like going up on the Eiffel Tower or visiting Versailles.
Hope you visited some other parts of germany too or at least some more places in Bavaria.
The Obersalzberg too is a great place to go. The Eagle's Nest offers a nice perspective on good days -getting to the Eagle's Nest costs about 14

Upvote 0
I went there too several times. I didn't see Llamas but I got to see Ludwig's Dad's yellow castle form a distance. I was in a field of flowers, pretty. Form what I remember, you're not allowed to take pictures inside the castle. The place seemed normally priced to me, but I'm German. There's a wooden bridge near it, part of the tour, over a small waterfall maybe 50m up. You can hire a typically Bavarian dude to take pictures for you at 5 euros. With the amount of people you get there, I'd reckon he makes quite a bit. I'd wish they'd restore the unfinished parts. I have some photos, I think, of the interior which I'm not supposed to have.

If Landser won't tell you what the guide said, I will. Ludwig was a lunatic and the castle was his fantasy, but it wasn't finished. Ludwig was never married. It had running water.

Random information you find from a guide: The castle was the inspiration for Disney's castle, and was used in one of the Castlevania game covers.

Helmchen: Obersaltzberg, isn't that where the mines are?

Upvote 0
Very nice photos man, thanks for sharing!

It looks like a really nice place. So clean it's almost unnerving :p but I'm a city kid so that makes sense. Beautiful surroundings... and that castle - wow! I'd like to see the inside of it. I bet it has quite a view of the valley.
Everything was indeed very clean and tidy over there. Not like Germanys industrial parts in the west, which is unfortunately the area I

Upvote 0