• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's the best German beer for summertime?

hacker pschorr is total crap!

this one is very special too: Paulaner Salvator 6% alc. doppelbock beer

200511713431485904.jpg

aaaand you should defenitly try Maibock Beer:

PROD_DET_maibock_02.jpg

only from april till may sold

or taste the freeze distilled Ice Bock: Alcohol content ranges from 9% to over 14% by volume
avent_1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bock

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the responses; keep them coming.

There is a store in Ann Arbor, MI that might sell some of these, and one other store about 14 miles from me.

Now, I had a few questions about Octoberfest in Germany.

Is Octoberfest only celebrated in Munich?? Or is it celebrated throughout all of the Bavarian state?

Or all throughout Germany?? Are there little Octoberfest celebrations in Berlin, Hamburg, Dresden, and Cologne??

Is it mainly just beer drinking and a big party? Or, are there amusement rides,
beer tasting contests, and other events??

What about some of the beers I listed at the top in my initial question? Those are probably the main German beers available in the United States at most grocery stores.

Would anyone in Germany want to drink those, or are those just "Big Label Name" commercial beers that are marketed outside Germany??

I've also drunk Spaten Optitmator, Franziskaner hefe-Weisse, and Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen Amber (all from Munich) in the U.S.; it's been a long time though.

If I can remember, the Spaten Optitmator seemed a little spicy; the Franziskaner was o.k. but I wasn't too impressed ( I know the Spaten was dunkel); I liked the Oktoberfest Marzen which was on the light tasting side.

I know that Paulaner is one of the larger German breweries. So, do you think they make a good German beer?? Or is Paulaner just a giant corporation and "Big Label" that markets their beer to the U.S. and other foreign countries?? In other words, it really is not good German beer.

oktoberfest WTF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest_at_night.jpg

and rides:
Oktoberfest1.jpg

and ITS ABOUT BEER ONLY^^
Brauereiwagen_Hacker_Pschorr_Braeu-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or all throughout Germany?? Are there little Octoberfest celebrations in Berlin, Hamburg, Dresden, and Cologne??

What about some of the beers I listed at the top in my initial question? Those are probably the main German beers available in the United States at most grocery stores.

Would anyone in Germany want to drink those, or are those just "Big Label Name" commercial beers that are marketed outside Germany??

I know that Paulaner is one of the larger German breweries. So, do you think they make a good German beer?? Or is Paulaner just a giant corporation and "Big Label" that markets their beer to the U.S. and other foreign countries?? In other words, it really is not good German beer.

The funny thing about "Rothaus Tannenz

Upvote 0