• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "so sad it's funny" thread

hawco

Jul 12, 2006
Post your thoughts about some instances that have you sometimes tearing your hair out and sometimes leave you laughing, for me it's the mass brawl at the spawn when there's about 5 guys killing each other to get into a panther and then wildly shooting at the "victor" of said prize.. :D
It might be an old one folks but it sure is a classic....

LOL good one. Mine is as fallows:

Guy named Cartoon joins the server. He shoots me, and anybody he feels like on his own team. Then he gets kicked for team damage/killing. He dose this all the time on the Wild Bunch Servers. He always gets kicked. So I just laugh my butt off each time it happens. I'm sure he will be back on one of them tonight doing it all over agian. Can we get him permately banned by IP from those servers or something? it's realy pathetic...................

Upvote 0
I have two stories. The first specifically happened to me while playing Arad Night. I got to be a German Anti-Tank trooper and our team was doing pretty well. But then a dude (I forget his name) enters the server. He demands that someone lets him to Anti-Tank. Nobody is about to give it to him so every time he sees me he shoots me and takes my Panzerfausts. The sad thing is he wouldn't listen when everyone told him there were boxes of them in the village. The second one is just something that happens to everyone. Losers who don't want to use that little thing called teamwork will get into a tank and get out as soon as someone else gets into the gunner spot because they want to be the only person in the tank. They will run from tank to tank for five minutes because they don't want to just be the driver. That pisses me off to no end.

Upvote 0
On Hedghog; allies after a hard fight are about to capture East farm house. There are about eight of us hunkerd down in the corner outside the farmhouse all just managing to get in the cap and overpower the Germans inside. We are all screaming out for back up, when up over the ridge apears our UC. The driver is going full tilt as he clears the top of the ridge and heads straight towards us. As he gets close he bails out, but he has left it to late. The momentum carries the UC forwars squashing all of us, and some how the driver of the UC, against the wall of the farm house :mad:

Funny thing was before it happend I thought I was the only one with a mic. But as soon as he squishes us, I almost go deaf from all the swearing at the driver over the voice channel!

Upvote 0
..... The second one is just something that happens to everyone. Losers who don't want to use that little thing called teamwork will get into a tank and get out as soon as someone else gets into the gunner spot because they want to be the only person in the tank. They will run from tank to tank for five minutes because they don't want to just be the driver. That pisses me off to no end.

The thing sadder than that is the would be gunner refusing to go driver once the driver bails, just sits there in the gunner position waiting for a driver. A person 'first in' a tank should have first choice. If you join second and get gunner, you should be willing to switch to driver if the driver bails and sticks around to rejoin as gunner. Also if that happens you better not rag on the original driver for doing that or you're a total asshat. The sad it's funny part is when you see two of them keep doing it back and forth until one pistols the other.

Tank etiquette has always been a problem. I don't mind driving at all, especially with a good gunner so we can kick ***. I do have a problem with newbs who haven't even taken the time to know the controls before going online, otherwise I'm probably one of the more patient ones. The problem is then, since they are always dying like flies, they are always ready at the spawn to take control of your gunner again and again. The funny part of that is what the chat breaks down to.
"12oc 12OC, right friggen in front of you mothe...."

T.

Upvote 0
*whistle* CLANG

Me: crap where was that from?
Gunner: dunno hold on...

*whistle* CLANG

Gunner: Jeez they're far away and behind us
Me: well.. at least we're angled ok - are they moving?

*whistle* CLANG

Gunner: What the... (on voip) HEY YOU IDIOT WE'RE FRIENDLIES

*whistle* CLANG

Me: ahh crap that one got us, we're tracked (on voip) WOULD THE ASSHAT WHO'S BEEN FIRING REGULARLY AT THE TANK ON THE HILL STOP IT, WE'RE FRIENDLY
Gunner: ffs.. (voip) We're on the hill at d4. If you're aiming at a tank there could you stop it we're friendly

*whistle* CLANG

Me: Oh ffs just shoot him
Gunner: Okdokey..

*BLAM* (distant explosion)

Someone else entirely: HEY YOU TKER LAMER..

Us Both on voip: NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTA-

*BLAM*

Upvote 0
On splat clan server, I primed a nade in the middle of that room in Krasnyioktabr where there is a door to the Petrol Yard, a door to the Garage and some steps down to the basement. as soon as I primed it, about 10 people ran in after and tried to get through the doors. I was trying to open a door to fling the nade through but everyone else was trying too, with the door flicking open and closed. After about 4 seconds I realised I wouldn't make it, so tried to run out of the room. I was blocked by the people, and only had time to let off a "Grenade!" voice command before it wiped out everyone in the room :D

Upvote 0
This isn't really game related but I had a problem with my mouse a while back. For some reason it would intermittently stop turning to the right and seemed to take some kind of perverse pleasure in only doing it when I went into melee. That led to some interesting but very frustrating fights where I could only see my opponent half the time and I always died.

One of my biggest pet peeves are APC drivers who think they can take on a tank. Twice! Ok, the first time is just bad luck, it happens to everybody. The irritating part is when we load up again with the same driver and they take the exact same route. By the third time I bail out and proceed on foot. That's happened on just about every CA map I've played. I've found I usually live longer and get into the cap zones more often if I stay on foot.

Upvote 0
Went on server (Arad) checked teams,Germans outnumbered, got in tank at rear spawn got shot before getting out of spawn by russians. Spawned got in tank, got shot,spawned got in tank got shot. Meanwhile the server is emptying of Germans quicker than I don't know what. Looked at scores HUGE score to russians, VERY low scores (1's and 2's) to Germans.....before you ask, yes we did have arty, it just wasn't being used :D At that point I beat a tactical retreat, leaving the Russian team to slap each other on the back about how they pwn'd everyone. LOL there are always other servers and other days.

Upvote 0
At Basovka on the 9th SS server....as Russian....I hear persistent cries of 'we need arty support' close to the Train Depot. But we have no commander at that time....so (somewhat stupidly) I select for that role and throw myself on a grenade close to my spawn so I'll respawn as commander. That was my first tk....and a very stupid one at that....but time was running low and I was getting anxious I guess.
Then I call two or three rounds of arty on top of the train depot.....with mixed results including at least two more TK's.
Not my finest RO moment...but the best thing about this game is its different every time. I've been rolled as a Russian on Smolensk and I've held the Germans to their first spawn for a whole round....and vice versa. Same for Basovka....the best of the old maps IMO.

After a year and a half....still the best multi-player FPS around.

Upvote 0
A good one right here:

Me and a clanmate are in Barushka in a stug near the bridge. After I spot a T34 coming across the bridge, he hops out with a panzerfaust ready to take it out. The T34 parks on the other side of a wall relative to my tank. He fires the panzerfaust through a dip in the wall, it bounces off the T34, the deflected faust makes a nice ark over the wall and kills me still in the stug and the resulting explosion kills my buddy.

Only in RO :D

Upvote 0