• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People you want to rifle butt smack

any publicity is good publicity, immagine they would have said RO is way better than COD, MOH, BF... in every way, and that everyone wil surely enjoy it.
just immagine the kind of players that would have drawn to the RO servers...
we should maybe thank them, if i would not have known RO and heard about it for the first time in that review. then such a review would surely have gotten me interested. simply because we love what they hate. so if those brainless run and gunners say they don't like RO, then there is a big chance i will love it!

Upvote 0
Somehow, RO:O has become the top 20 most played online game in daily basic.:)
I didnt know about this game until my CoD:UO CD was damaged, I cant reinstall it, then I search for another WWII game which includes tanks on the internet and I found RO:O on gamespot . Now I play it every night and never touch CoD2 anymore. IMO RO:O is not designed for teenages...:D

Upvote 0
They did.. watch the end.. cos of that you dont get hurt in real life.. you should compensate by not having it take 5 minutes to reload.. maybe he just played it on a 100mhz computer.. cos my rifle reloads faster... hehe

it's quite simple that that guy that played didnt like the kind of game that takes time to learn.. he wants CS!

and "there are no healthpacks"
did they have healthpacks during WW2? do we even have that now?
it seems that they just dont get the idea with RO.
and thats sad, cos they kinda say what idea is.. but just dont get it..

murphy.. i mean.. it feels much more.. steady in HL2.. i love the ragdoll effect in UT:) just wish it were more steady..
seems to have so much cliping sometimes.. might just be my computer that is slow? :)

Upvote 0
They did.. watch the end.. cos of that you dont get hurt in real life.. you should compensate by not having it take 5 minutes to reload.. maybe he just played it on a 100mhz computer.. cos my rifle reloads faster... hehe

it's quite simple that that guy that played didnt like the kind of game that takes time to learn.. he wants CS!

and "there are no healthpacks"
did they have healthpacks during WW2? do we even have that now?
it seems that they just dont get the idea with RO.
and thats sad, cos they kinda say what idea is.. but just dont get it..

murphy.. i mean.. it feels much more.. steady in HL2.. i love the ragdoll effect in UT:) just wish it were more steady..
seems to have so much cliping sometimes.. might just be my computer that is slow? :)

To be correct HL-2 dose not use UTs pattented Ragdoll phisics engine. It uses the Havok phisics engine. IE made by different people, for different things. IE HL-2 dose a great job with object phisics but when it comes to player models some times they just end up in a crumpled heap. In fact most of the time in that game the player model falls on it's self. Not realy realistic, it also stops short of where gravity should pull it down too alot in that game. But in ROOST, if somebody is shot at the top of a stair case and he is standing on the ledge most of the time he will roll, or slide down the stairs. Unlike in HL-2 where he will rock back and forth and just sit their in a heap all the time.

Not only that but in HL-2 there is no loss of body parts. In ROOST you can lose your head, arms, legs, hands, feet you name it. Also you can get blowen to tiny chuncks of flesh scatared about the battlefield.

Upvote 0
People bring up the claim that the reviewers are stupid and that they can't play complex games, but the fact is that they liked Europa Universalis III a lot although they complained it was hard and they had even made a "funny" sketch about how boring it is.
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1460/Europa_Universalis_III.html

They also liked X3, which is one of the most hostile games I have ever played, you are never given any hints what all the stuff in the game does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow these ignorent B@stards i wonder if they even took the time not to use 3rd person mode? or if they even learned how to play it online

RO should at least get a 3.5 but probaly even better the only reason they dont like it cause its realistic and those retards over there whine about dieing and no med pacs and no crosshairs that really pisses me off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Upvote 0
Always going to have the reviews like that one, and i think thats due to other FPS being 'too easy' on the player... crosshairs and medpacks to name just a couple.

I stumbled on this game just while searching the net and it IS the BEST game I have ever stumbled upon, and likely to be so until TW (hint,hint);) release another title :)

Let them type of people have their lame FPS, where they can complain about bunny-hopping and spray and pray tactics.

On another note, I salute the dev's here for a first class game, that has had me riveted since the first minute of play, and the loyalty of a good community.

Keep up the great work :D

Upvote 0
"Other games like Call of Duty may be far less realistic, but succeed much more greatly in creating an immersive experience."

does he even understand the word "immersive"

well he is right.. 95% is left in the cold.. cos they dont know how to TEAM PLAY..

hmm where is my rifle..

lol. I play CoD2 and RO, and RO is so much better. CoD is ok when i dont habe my pc (its on my mac) but whats more immersive, each gun feeling like a different gun, or there being three guns, the bolt, the the semi auto rifle, and a machine gun.

Upvote 0
they say it's really hard to play without the crosshairs and healthpacks etc... but if they would have used their brain a little more, they would have noticed that if they don't have healthPacks and crosshairs, then the enemy wont have them either.
all these unrealistic help systems give you no advantage whatsoever in online play, since everybody has them. it only helps in singleplayer games where it helps you feel like a hero, while you're actually just a big loser who needs autoaim...

Upvote 0
they say it's really hard to play without the crosshairs and healthpacks etc... but if they would have used their brain a little more, they would have noticed that if they don't have healthPacks and crosshairs, then the enemy wont have them either.
all these unrealistic help systems give you no advantage whatsoever in online play, since everybody has them. it only helps in singleplayer games where it helps you feel like a hero, while you're actually just a big loser who needs autoaim...

Agreed...
That is what makes the diffrence between RO and noobgames like CS etc.

Upvote 0
rofl nOw YoU n0obs aRE jUsT taLkiNG ****..
some peeps are really good at CS and hit even barns:) one shot in the head and you are gone.. well like getting struck in your long wont hurt you enough hehe:) but thats what the crowed likes most.. games with alot of action not sleeping like in RO;) rofl i red a kinda nice user review on RO..
said that it's a cheap ripoff of DOD:D made me laugh.. so now WW2 is a ripoff from the game DOD!! damn copycat hitler..

Upvote 0