• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

another interesting video

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?do...284&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=7

this time, a video showing that apparently we can't believe anything anymore.
here it is the "humans causing global warming" theory that is apparently another big lie.
didn't believe it myself... untill i saw this video.

have fun!

interesting.
so putting CO2 and Haloalkane in our atmosphere hat no impact on climate? sorry but i dont have to be a scientis to realize that mankind IS CHANGING THE CLIMATE OF THE EARTH BY INDUSTRY. when i use a lighter to a piece of metal, it will warm up. so if i put energy (heat) in the atmosphere, it will warm up. simple physics. you dont have a professor to understand it...

everything else is total bull**** and nonsense. global warming is a fact. and i dont have to be supersmart to realize it. when you put energy (by industry etc) in the atmosphere IT WILL HAVE IMPACT ON IT. look at climate statistics. talk to people who live in the alps. the climate is changing. sure, climate changed before. but you can make "rules" out of the climate changings before (in the last 20.000 years and more). in earths history, climate changed often. but out of these changes you can make rules how climate changed and why. and the climate change, that is happening now is significant different to the changes before (because the speed of change.)

OMG i cant believe that people are so fu*** stu*** to believe such a crap. global warming is not a therorie, an ideologie or an believe. it is happening. and no dumb video from the internet will change it.....
is there anyone who realy thinks that pollution created by mankind has NO IMPACT on nature???? WTF????

is it a new trend to fall for youtube videos?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
interesting.
so putting CO2 and Haloalkane in our atmosphere hat no impact on climate? sorry but i dont have to be a scientis to realize that mankind IS CHANGING THE CLIMATE OF THE EARTH BY INDUSTRY. when i use a lighter to a piece of metal, it will warm up. so if i put energy (heat) in the atmosphere, it will warm up. simple physics. you dont have a professor to understand it...

everything else is total bull**** and nonsense. global warming is a fact. and i dont have to be supersmart to realize it. when you put energy (by industry etc) in the atmosphere IT WILL HAVE IMPACT ON IT. look at climate statistics. talk to people who live in the alps. the climate is changing. sure, climate changed before. but you can make "rules" out of the climate changings before (in the last 20.000 years and more). in earths history, climate changed often. but out of these changes you can make rules how climate changed and why. and the climate change, that is happening now is significant different to the changes before (because the speed of change.)

OMG i cant believe that people are so fu*** stu*** to believe such a crap. global warming is not a therorie, an ideologie or an believe. it is happening. and no dumb video from the internet will change it.....
is there anyone who realy thinks that pollution created by mankind has NO IMPACT on nature???? WTF????

The documentary doesn't say humans have no impact on climate, just that they don't have the huge enormous impact that Bono and Geldof and everyone else seems to think we have. Myself, I'm not sure which what to believe anymore, on the one hand I suppose it's good that humans are focusing on something positive (if being slightly smug about it in the process), on the other global warming has been turned into a political force, irrelevant of whether it's man made or natural, and this I find particularly disturbing.

One of the comments on the Google Video site sums it up pretty good;

[SIZE=-1]You know something, being alive today and question MAN MADE Global Warming must be similar to living in Nazi Germany and saying that Jews, Blacks and Gypsies aren't sub-human

Upvote 0
interesting.

My dear troll - you do have to be a scientist and an expert in this field to have an authority in this subject. You and I can yell and argue about "facts" but we'll only be arguing about our believs and hearsays.
This things are sooo complicated that even the experts still cannot claim to talk about definite conclusions, but at least they can talk about facts gathered by measurements and observations, so if they say that the CO2 emmited by humans is only a fraction of the total CO2 emmited by nature youll have to accept it as a fact. At least, untill you do the math yourself.

By definition heat is nothing more than the movement of particles (high school physics/ chemistry) but a cold wind is nothing more than the movement of particles as well....
Im just trying to say that these allegedly simple and familiar phenomenas are far more complicated than they seem. You have to be a scinetist and you cant use your day-to-day common sense to draw far reaching conclusions.

You can call all of us, who were convinced by the movie (or at least convinced to think it over) stupids, but why are you different in that?- seems like you believe without questions the dominant paradigm with a religous zeal.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not 100% sure about global warming myself, what we are seeing the last 100 years *might* be natural fluctuations. Just might.

However, there's no doubt that there are HUGE financial interests wanting to discredit the global warming theory any way they can, so they can keep selling their gasoline and pump pollution into the atmosphere to earn $$$. Especially Mr Bush and his cronies are doing everything they can to put global warming in the 'loonybin' category.

I'm sure they've found some serious and credible scientists in the video, but I'd rather believe my own government (oh noes!) when they say we need to cut emissions of greenhouse gases... aint I naive?

Upvote 0
I didn't watch this movie (like all the other movie in fact ).

Global Warming is a natural things. It's part of a cycle.
What is less natural is that in the last century, this global warming has accelerated.
This is important because it shorten the times we need to adopt an other way of life due to the climate change.

It's better to be carefull about that.
Even if some people proved that cigarette is good for health. I prefer to be carefull because the fact is that smoker have more risk to get cancer etc ...

Look at Japan 1945, one of the plan was to drop the A bomb on landing japanese beaches and then send the army.
Nobody really knew about radiation, so if this plan had been adopted ...

So it is better to be more carefull.
Changing our way of life doesn't mean we will lost our standard of living if it is done properly. And it will certainly a benefit for everybody.

Better to begin to change now piece by piece than changing abruptly one day.

Upvote 0
I am still largely undecided about global warming, this was a decent watch.

One thing that really does crack me up is the whole 'carbon credits' thing. I was watching Live 8 when it happened on pay tv and the program was dotted with these little infomercial like segments aimed at making you more 'carbon aware'. In these you had these pompous musicians from the acts that were playing harping on about how you can be more carbon free etc etc. One that made me laugh was Missy Higgins saying how her fridge and such weren't very energy efficient however she balances it out by purchasing 'carbon credit's, complete with smug grin.

The thing is though it doesn't make sense, at least not to me, if CO2 is really causing such a problem how does paying for it make a difference when you've realeased a heap into the atmosphere? You've still contributed to the problem and your money certainly isn't going to waft up into the atmosphere and put the hurt on the CO2 particles is it?

Call me a cynic but when I hear it said purchasing credits puts money into research and carbon free programs etc I roll my eyes and think to myself, "Yeah right, whose pockets is it lining?".

Upvote 0
i am a farmer, so i acn tell you global warmin is a fact.
and in the last 5 years the climate has changed drastically, normal people might not notice but my job and income depends on the weather.
people seem to think that global warming will kill the planet, by causing disasters, making the waterlevel rise, poluting the air...
but from my job i can tell you the danger of global warming is more simple then that. in the last few years it has been hard for farmers around the world to saw and reap their harvests, because the weather and seasons have changed.
oftenly entire harvests fail, and in general the harvests are below expectations in terms of quantity.
by example, to feed everybody in the world you need 100 tons of wheat.
the global production was 110 tons, so we eat 100 tons and stored 10 tons in case the next harvests go bad.
in the last 5 years production has decreased to 100 tons a year, but increasing demand and world population now needs 110 tons to feed everybody.
so in the last few years we managed to feed the world by using the wheat we had stored in case of emergency.
the problem is those stocks of wheat are now empty, wich means there now is only food for 90% of the world population. you can see it by the price of wheat, it has gone from 90 euro for 1 ton, to 200 euro for 1 ton in one year.
food will become scarse, and extremely expensive. meat in a near future will be luxury.
global warming accelerates this process, because harvests will fail more often.

now i always thougt we created global warming, but you have to admit that many people have huge financial interests in making us believe we are creating this, so we all have to buy more expensive cars, better isolated homes, more expensive technologies and we strangle poor countries by not giving them acces to energy...
ofcourse its good to limit pollution, but its the reasons why that are bad.
and if hu

Upvote 0
I have very little knowledge about farming, but won't farmers have to change the crops they grow to something that can survive the heat or cold?

it's not really the temperature that counts, it's the lack of seasons.
in the winter when i was a kid, it used to be cold and wet, and in the summer it was hot and dry.
and the crops need those seasonal variations to grow optimally, like wheat needs to be exposed to verry cold temperatures in the winter, in order to start making seed when the temperature rises in the spring. and with that seed we make bread.
also in order to be able to harvest the crops, generally in the summer, it has to be dry, hot and no rain when the crops are matured.
the last few years it has not been cold enough in the winter, and in the summer it is not hot and dry enough, and we have had alot of trouble to harvest all the crops before the rain makes it rot in place. last year we lost about 80% of wheat destined for human consumption due to to much rain.

the real problem is there are simply to much people on earth, our planet simply can't produce enough food for everybody.
and now they are building biofuel factories all around the world, where they take the crops that used to feed the people, and transform them into biofuels instead. but the price of those crops has exploded the last few years, so those factories simply can't afford anymore to buy the crops needed to make fuel.
here in belgium they gave billons of €'s to verry smart people that went to the biggest univerity's, to build 5 biofuel factories. now they are done building them, but in the mean time there is no more crops to make fuel with, so the factories cant even be started...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and now they are building biofuel factories all around the world, where they take the crops that used to feed the people, and transform them into biofuels instead.

Are they actually doing it head on? :confused:
Last I heard was that while biofuel in itslef is not polluting, the process of making it is highly polutive, so in effet it does not deliever and was eventualy discarded.

Upvote 0
yes, biofuel is probably the biggest non-sense of the century.
the only true ecological biofuel is pure rapeseed oil, only modified diesel cars can run on it. but it doesn't pollute, and producing it doesn't pollute much either. we make it on our farm for our own use.
but the "bio"diesel that is made with rapeseed oil, by extracting certain parts of the oil through a complex chemical process is absurd. to produce 100 watts of biofuel-power, they consume 80 watts of fossile/nuclear energy. so it is totally absurd, but there is big money involved...
just look at brasil, they make their own biofuels now. and almost all their land is used to grow crops destined for the biofuel factories. they have a clean fuel, but they have no more food and the poor people are starving. plus the ecological advantage created by the massive use of biofuel in brasil, is almost cancelled by the massive amounts of fossile fuel needed to transport the crops to the factories and to make the factories run.

Upvote 0