• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Runtime error

Jokerman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2006
Recently Im gettin this message- "The application has asked runtime to terminate it an unusual way." in the initial screen.

While more an annoyance than anything, Im starting to get it more and more and while last week I got in after 2-3 attempts, now its like 5-7.
What can I do?

Problem persists after verifying game cache.
Bug report:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1597 MHz with 1013MB RAM
Video: No Video
General protection fault!
History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Anyone make anything out of that? Any help is appreaciated.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, my friend is getting this same error on 2 different PCs.

Upvote 0
Problem persists after verifying game cache.
Bug report:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1597 MHz with 1013MB RAM
Video: No Video
General protection fault!
History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Anyone make anything out of that? Any help is appreaciated.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, my friend is getting this same error on 2 different PCs.

Delilah's laptop's video chip is not able to run RO. As you can see the error message says their is no video!
Try updating the drivers or allocating more memory to the video chip in the bios.
Vista needs more ram to run RO, at least 2gb,add more memory,and a faster processor as well.
That looks like a fairly old machine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0