• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Individual Score

That would be ok for all the good players but the less skilled or new starters would most likely not like it.

I play for points but I use strategy to gain them and this new system would prove a new cool challenge.

If it is to be added it should be made a server option but I don’t think it will be.

I resuply the Mg each chance I get. Whats wrong with that?

Upvote 0
I think this is better also for new player......like me.
I've bought RO for the realism.
The 50 player game is a great thing, but i think is too unrealistic cause all RAMBO'S inside this server. Too confusion and too player fight only for be first in the score table.
I dont' like this GO-RUN-SHOT and DIE.

If this is a sim and not a game, you must have the fear about your dead.
For me this can give at RO more realism also in big server.

Upvote 0
You couldn't tell the difference from a bad player and an excessive teamkiller then.
Good point. I keep forgetting we have to protect ourselves from the asshats.

Still, losing points for dying would penalize the classes that die most often doing the job they're supposed to do. For instance, SMGers doing their job correctly die far more often than snipers doing their job correctly.

Upvote 0
It's a good idea but it may cause people to sit back and camp when they should be attacking. I'd rather get rid of all scores completely. I win when the team wins, not when I'm high score.

indeed....there is nothing worse than a round where you end up with almost twice the score of the second placed guy on your team, but your team loses the round big time...it will always be a pretty annoying round even though you have been pretty successful personally.

Upvote 0
indeed....there is nothing worse than a round where you end up with almost twice the score of the second placed guy on your team, but your team loses the round big time...it will always be a pretty annoying round even though you have been pretty successful personally.

That is what heppens to me but I like it.

Upvote 0
Well, you could always make the loss of points due to enemy fire be 1 unless the score is already 0. If so, no more points lost. You get negative scores for TKing if you have none otherwise or do excessive TKing if you had some positive score before alrady. Easy to tell TK guys this way and you seem to forget that people will always tell the team if they were killed intentionally by a teammate.

please don't implement the counterstrike-ish kills/deaths thing, it only attracts idiotic CS players AND resupplying the MG or taking an objective isnt a kill, is it? ;)

Conclusion:
reduce score by 1 for every death, don't go below 0 by doing this :cool:

Upvote 0
.....please don't implement the counterstrike-ish kills/deaths thing, it only attracts idiotic CS players AND resupplying the MG or taking an objective isnt a kill, is it? ;)

:cool:

i hardly think you will get a swell in numbers, from cs or anywhere, due to the simple addition of a value to the scores.

It's not something i feel the game really needs, but as i say i think its the best solution when the issue of recording death ( and thus perhaps creating a greater 'fear' of it) is raised.
If you just recorded deaths, as previously suggested elsewhere, or reduced players scores as suggested here- you could discourage ppl getting stuck in, so i feel a kills/death ratio would be a good indicator of a players contribution to the reinforcments (IMO an element that doesn't come into play as often as it should anyway)

Upvote 0
Another good solution would be:
2 distingued columns. 1 for kill and 1 for death. (team kill leave a kill point)
This 2 parameters make the score rankings like this:

Player A ------ 74 kills------23 deaths = +51
Player B ------ 84 kills------42 deaths = +42
Player C ------ 36 kills------05 deaths = +31
Player D ------ 82 kills------52 deaths = +30

Is a good compromise!

Upvote 0
I don't think that's a good idea. It promotes camping on maps where you should be attacking - on a lot of maps you already have the attacking team sitting back, waiting to lose the game while the defending team is just stretching their foreskins, getting bored the hell out. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the scoring system as it is - if it ain't broken, don't fix it. It can also make the game very frustrating on some occasions.

Upvote 0