• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tossing Nades around Corners-do you do it ?

BlackLabel

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
Hello,

after the "laying down - a advantage" i want to ask if anyone really uses doors, walls, obstacles to toss grenades around corners or over rubble and stuff ?

I really love to use walls to bounce the nade around corners or windows. Its really fun to do. I was just bored of throwing the nade only straight and after i killed myself a couple times trying to toss it along a wall around a corner i found it very usefull. :D

For example. On Danzig CC if you go to the frontal balcony you can toss a nade through the sleepingroom - at the door -bounce- and hit the guy that covers the stairs from up there.

Anyone else got good tips about "supris-suprise NADE" playing ? :D

Hell yeah.
The best ways to kill people are when they cant see you, and you kill them with little to no danger to yourself.
A german sniper once was in the left building overlooking the trainyard in Lazur, i snook up on him from down below.
When i was right under his window, i took my grenade out and threw it against the sniper's window post, and it bounced in. No 2 seconds later the thing exploded, and i killed the sniper so my team could move up (yeah, sniper was a good one hehe).

Upvote 0
I'd do it more if it wasn't for the pong-like abilities of window frames etc :(

Some windows are like that, but most you can throw a nade through..just remember that the nade actually comes out on a trajectory above the aiming hand - don't just aim the hand at the windows because it will bounce off :D aim the hand quite a bit bellow usually (because of the distance you usually through nades into windows from).

The windows you can't get nades through are the ones with quite small holes in..off the top of my head - the ones in the ammo room in Stalingrad Kessel by the warehouse (with the stairs) and the ones in the West Farmhouse on Bonderavo upstairs..well I have managed to get some through there but usually they just bounce back..also make sure you don't stand to close..I think they are more likely to bounce back if you're right next to em.

Upvote 0
if you played DoD first, you'd better know the tricks to throwing nades....

i do like using them to prep a room before entering, it at least stuns the person in the building if its small enough......and throwing it through windows isnt the easiest, but it denies the area to the enemy when your about to rush.......im just having trouble throwing it through openings in the roofs right now....

oh, and you can throw nades into the back of vehicles: SDk and SU-76s are very vulnerable to this.

Also you can kill drivers/commanders if their head is peaking out with a well placed nade.........ive had it happen to me lol

Upvote 0
I find that most of the time grenades are over used or are used for the wrong reason. I get TKed by nades more then and other thing and I hate getting Tked.

An example of this is on that map Kaukasus where people toss nades into the fortress we are trying to capture, to get kills. BAD TACTICS to throw a nade into the place you are trying to cap. I get Tked on that map more than any other. Yes nades should be used on that map but not spammed.

Upvote 0
Using bounce nade tactics or around corner tactics with nades I found only really works in Danzig. The way the CC is designed just seems perfect for it. Other maps, there s just to much stuff to make it effective (to much risk of it bouncing wrong, the slightest bits of rubble makes it useless.) Taking cover and throwing nades at a somewhat high arc to hit people you can't see can be effective, although I tend to throw my nades at waay to high of arcs, I think I find it gives better control to the point where you can tell where they are going to land exactly and negates most obstacles, at the expense of range and traveling time.

Anyways, nades are overused for the a very simple reason. This game combines two incompatible aspects..well gaming more than warfare.

On the one hand, one cannot afford to stop on offense. They have simply not have the time to lay down, pick off the immedate defenders, and then advance, which is sort of impossible with the way the maps are designed. There is no room for a real war of mobility, the only map that lets one side not cap everything and win is barashka as far as I know. Most of the maps are linear, which means your running straight into the teeth of enemy far, something attacking armies generally tried to avoid.

On the other hand, the guns are more defensive in nature (much like real life), and promote immobile firepower. Only the SMGs are real exceptions, and then only at close range.

The only thing in between atm is grenades. If your running, they are if anything more accurate (and of course further ranged.) With the ability to prime them, and even the faintest clue where defenders are, one can have offensive mobile weaponary that will kill most rifleman before they can line up an accurate shot, and often is better than just about everything. The wave of attacker nades pigeonholes the defenders into pre-emptive nade strikes where the attackers will appear.

And then we have how RO is today. The fault is atm the concentation of people, the design of maps, and the general focus on cap-points and time left being more important than reinforcements left.

Upvote 0
There is something strange about grenades. Sometimes you step on them and survive and other times they kill you from 10 meters (30 feet) away. :confused:
They are often more useful as diversion than killing. (Smoke and bang distracts sniper / MG while team moves over open ground) (works well in clan play, not most pub matches)

Try it out on a clan server at prime time when you have lots of clan members / regular players on. :cool:

I disagree with Chancer: I usually drop the nade at my feet rather than out the window when I attempt underhand throw. :eek:

Upvote 0