• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tom Cruise = von Stauffenberg

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Tom Cruise plays von Stauffenberg in an upcoming movie.

cruisegd2.jpg

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/2007/07/tom-cruise-is-a-nazi.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/p...s/story/2007/07/070725_von_stauffenberg.shtml

Stauffenberg's oldest son, Berthold said:

"He should leave my father alone. He should go climb a mountain or go surfing in the Caribbean. I don't give a hoot as long as he keeps out of it."

Claus von Stauffenberg was one of the leading figures of the plot to assassinate Hitler on July 20, 1944.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I know the whole uniform thing will get redundant, but upon closer examination his waffenfarbe are appropriate.

As a Generalstabsoffizier and NOT a General, his Waffenfarbe would be "karmesin" rather than "hochrot," or the bright red associated with German Generals. If you look at the colors here, you'll see. Additionally, the German Wiki article on collar tabs shows the General Staff tabs as using the Waffenfarbe as the backing of the tabs and the embroidery is gold rather than silver.

So while his Waffenfarbe may be right, the other details might be wrong. I still don't know enough about the collar tab regulations to make a call on it though (for instance von Rundstedt used the tabs of an Infantry Officer when he was a General, so Stauffenberg may have exercised preferences of the like).

Upvote 0
Lol, the RO players strike again. I thought you guys would complain about the fact that they casted Tom Cruise for the role. But nooooo, you have to nitpick about the uniform, haha.:p

Tom Cruise is probably the worst choice they could make for a film like this. First of all, he's not German. Second, his persona doesn't fit a historical movie (action movies, ok. Historical movie = big nono). Third, he's a weird Scientology dude.

They should have done it like Der Untergang; with real German actors and historical accuracy.

It just speaks of little to no respect for both the people involved in the operation during 1945, and their families. That quote by Stauffenberg's son should be enough of a reason for the production company to cancel the entire project.

Upvote 0
Lol, the RO players strike again. I thought you guys would complain about the fact that they casted Tom Cruise for the role. But nooooo, you have to nitpick about the uniform, haha.

Wasn't that fun to nitpick about everything unnecessary crap and such?

Anyway, I know I am going to get hung up for this, but personally I do not judge before it gets released. The idea that Cruise acting a historical person, Americans making a film about more or less important historical event and other crap like that combined makes it sounds so silly that it might actually work.

Upvote 0
blame it on micheal jackson! now that wacko jacko is out of the picture, somebody else had to be "the weirdo". even though madonna is catching up with him verry fast...

anyways letting hollywood make historical movies, is like letting steve-o be the entertainer at a funeral.
and a great movie has already been made on this story, but i think there were not enough explosions and slow-mo scenes and to many complex dialogues for the american public to enjoy it.

Upvote 0
Can someone explain to me whats all the fuss about?

Hollywood is making historical specticals from the day she was born (ever since D.W. Griffith came in, that is), and if someone thinks he will learn history by them than he's a. a moron b. 10 years old. c. both.
Thats the way it has always been.

And whats the crap with the Scientology? I know about this faith mostly from Southpark- and it does sounds like a silly faith- and I did read Hubbard's battle for the earth or somthin, which was the worst SF Ive ever read.
But however stupid one's believes are... well, we live in democracies- you cant deny a man a job just for his religion.

Upvote 0
I think Samuel L. Jackson should play Stauffenberg he is a good actor and a cool guy :D

What he is black?
You say he can't play him because he is black?
Racist.
Win!

Nobody will care about this movie, it won't win awards, ppl won't enjoy it, it won't even be sucessful. But still my hopes and prays are with the guy who loads the guns for the execution scene maybe he confuses blank cartidges with live ammo? :rolleyes:

But probably this Stauffenberg will survive because its Hollywood.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0