• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modern day pics of old battlefields

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I leave my house and go 500 meteres to the right I get there
lichterfrontn1.jpg

Lichterfelde3.jpg

Today the swimming pool inside the right building (not on the picture) is used by schools. I practised swimming there too.
And if I go in the direction the house I am sitting in is facing (ok I can't go directly there to many buildings in the way) I get here

lichter4.jpg

Lichterfelde5.jpg

I talked about this stuff early these barracks are the assumed target of the bomb.

Upvote 0
mmm-hm.

So, you read this part:

But apparently at that point your brain went into emergency shut-down mode and you missed the very next sentence:

I read that part... But you portray it incorrectly. Very few soviets treated the germans as liberators. Almost all of the soviets were anti-german, and they ended up hating them (if they did not hate them already) when they murdered the civllians. They didn't hate them becuase they treated them without respect, becuase the germans were far from even being close to treating any of them with respect.

Belarus, which suffered the most out of the whole war, had every 3rd civillian die (not even soldier, civillian). So it's not from treating the populace like ****, becuase that's not even close to desribing how they treated them.

Upvote 0
I read that part... But you portray it incorrectly. Very few soviets treated the germans as liberators. Almost all of the soviets were anti-german, and they ended up hating them (if they did not hate them already) when they murdered the civllians. They didn't hate them becuase they treated them without respect, becuase the germans were far from even being close to treating any of them with respect.

Belarus, which suffered the most out of the whole war, had every 3rd civillian die (not even soldier, civillian). So it's not from treating the populace like ****, becuase that's not even close to desribing how they treated them.

Sucks to be Byelorussian, sure, but a lot of it was done by the Soviets, too.

Germans come through, are greeted as liberators from the Soviets, and then kill a whole ****load of people to 'pacify' a welcoming crowd. This pisses the people off. When the Germans are driven out, the Soviets come back in, are greeted as liberators from the Germans, and then kill a whole ****load of people for not resisting the Germans harder.

The civilians in Byelorussia got f*#%^e by the fickle fist of fate no matter which direction they turned, but, no matter how brutal and evil the Nazis were it is complete and utter -crap- to lay blame for all the civilian deaths on the Germans. The Soviets were just as bad, if not worse.

Upvote 0
Sucks to be Byelorussian, sure, but a lot of it was done by the Soviets, too.

Germans come through, are greeted as liberators from the Soviets, and then kill a whole ****load of people to 'pacify' a welcoming crowd. This pisses the people off. When the Germans are driven out, the Soviets come back in, are greeted as liberators from the Germans, and then kill a whole ****load of people for not resisting the Germans harder.

The civilians in Byelorussia got f*#%^e by the fickle fist of fate no matter which direction they turned, but, no matter how brutal and evil the Nazis were it is complete and utter -crap- to lay blame for all the civilian deaths on the Germans. The Soviets were just as bad, if not worse.

The Soviets were not reponsible for the deaths of as many german civillian deaths the germans were reponsible for. You would just be prooving a bias toward soviets if you believe they were even worse during the war.

Upvote 0
The Soviets were not reponsible for the deaths of as many german civillian deaths the germans were reponsible for. You would just be prooving a bias toward soviets if you believe they were even worse during the war.

The Soviets were responsible for perhaps -more- deaths of their own citizens than the Nazis were.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NAZIS.CHAP1.HTM

Soviets, during WWII: 13,000,000+, including only Soviet citizens.
Germans, during WWII: 20,000,000+, total ... but looking only at Slavs, about 10,500,000, including -all- Slavic nationalities.

When you expand to look at 1936-1953, Stalin killed off some 63,000,000 of his own people.

But yeah, obviously, I'm biased towards the Nazis. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Germans weren't slavs. They're aryan.

As to what you have against stalin, 63,000,000 is an imaginary number (it is really less, but perhaps still in the millions). Although I am not very found of stalin, I am very fond of the fact that the soviets won the world war, and also realize that they suffered the most throughout the war.

Additionally, two of my uncles and one of my aunts were killed during stalins reign, so don't get me wrong.

Responding to your 20,000,000. I never really heard of this so I can't talk with knowledge, but in comparison, the americans were responsible for more civillian deaths in the war then soldier deaths. They were able to use more bombs in the portion of the war they fought in than the soviets did throughout the whole war, and were able to bomb more useless civillian infested areas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That I shall write that will be awful.

Who is Stalin?

He has arrived from other planet? No.
He is a demon pulled out of a hell? No.

He is the expert on political surfing. It could not push a wave forward. He moved on a wave.
No more, not less.

What is the Soviet system?

It has arisen during civil war. In the beginning it reminded a network of restaurants the Mk-Donalds . (it not a joke).
1. It should like people. ( Not all. To the majority of people)
2. It should is effective to supresede other trade marks. (it did it very effectively)
3. Payments for use of a label.

The item three is important.

WW1 + five years of civil war. The country has been destroyed. People have run wild. (it not a joke). Very much the greater territory, is not present communication, very different people. The Soviet system has been decentralized. It is similar to herd of cats. Centralized it became only to the middle 50h. The center could influence processes inside of system. Till this moment it leaned on different groupings inside of system. Inside there was a war . As in any big company.

Present war between Gitler Germany and modern "Mc-Donlalds" net .

Last edited:
Upvote 0