• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation StuG III Ausf. E

attachment.php
also they have the periscope:p:) to find targets

Cuh! Anyone can see that those are twin duck-calls - designed to lure the duck from hiding and blast it with 75mm canister shot.:)

Upvote 0
P.S. Do you have some info maybe about proper gunsight for short-barreled Stug III ? I'm not completly sure, but I suspect that gunsight was different than for long-barreled guns. Same for early short PzIVs.

Hi Amizaur ;)
Nope. The Stug short and long barrels had the SflZF 1a. Remember, the SflZF1a is a periscope type of gunsight, and has no range data within the sight picture - all ranging done with handwheels and drums. While the PzIVs had TZFs, with range data inside the telescope's sight view. The PzIV short barrels all used the TZF 5B up to the Ausf F, when the long-barrels came in and the switch to the TZF 5F and the TZF 5F/1 for the Ausf. G and J.

Any idea on what this sight is from: http://news.webshots.com/photo/2063145020054010923wMDeDW ???

2063145020054010923wMDeDW
For sure it is not "Panther" sight as the description says. It seems like German, but it's not PzIII or long PzIV, or any later vehicle. It's not a gun, because it has scale for coaxial MG. Maybe this is early PzIV (so also similar for Stug) sight for L24 gun ? Any ideas ?

I'm pretty sure this is a much more modern sight picture , or possibly for a different country. Looking at the marks on the hardware, it doesn't match up with any of the waffenamts or the 3 letter codes we are used to seeing. I've had numerous discussions with the picture gallery's owner, but he's never been able to identify it for me. We'll have to wait until it shows up again on ebay. :)

Upvote 0
Impressive model and even better skin so far but, with respect, almost 5.000 mesh triangles sound little too high to me. Does RO accept skin files with alpha channel? In this case you could save a high amount of faces, about 500 or even more in case of StuG.

Cheers!

Stock RO vehicles usually range from 6,000 - 6,600 triangles, so the StuG is well below the desirable amount with several hundred tris to spare.

Upvote 0
To my knowledge, no stock RO vehicles use alphas. To support aplha's, it would have to coded in, afaik. I am not sure about the benefits of using aplhas, it may cause more problems than it solves.

Thanks for answering, CO. Well, the benefits of using alpha is simply saving lots of faces on wheels. But I don't know anything about the unreal engine and further discussion about alpha seems to be useless then.

@ImPeRaToR: ty ;)

Upvote 0