• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Great Actors of Football ( Film clip )

Heh, last year in the Aussie national code of football (AFL) a player unknowingly split his kidney open in the course of play. This bloke walked off of the field with abdominal pain and was rushed to hospital where he nearly died.

Against this seeing a soccer player get brushed by another and fall over flailing around like a fairy then getting stretchered off is so pathetic it's almost vomit enducing. It's also one of the reasons it can be hard to watch the sport for me, I think it's a good sport personally but when this **** goes on it just ruins the game totally.

Matter of fact, I'd really like to fist fight Christiano Ronaldo.

Upvote 0
Heh, last year in the Aussie national code of football (AFL) a player unknowingly split his kidney open in the course of play. This bloke walked off of the field with abdominal pain and was rushed to hospital where he nearly died.

Against this seeing a soccer player......

I'm no aussie, but footy players are/were the biz. ( though i must be careful showing admiration for men running around in shorts that tight.)

I used to love the Hawks in the '80s. One of my fav players, The 'Dipper' DePierdomenico busted his ribs in a Grand final IIRC and when he collapsed at the final whistle it was found to be quite serious-his lung was punctured or something like that.

Diving is no longer just a problem of mainland europe or 'continental' players- it used to be frowned upon in Britain but it's been shown to work so players have adopted it- albeit without the amusing Latin theatrics. Look at Owen, he's a master at convincing refs he's been tripped.
It's not a question of being fairies though - it's just trying to win at any cost. However despite the huge stakes in football, it's still supprising to see a player prepared to lose his dignity so readily.

I wouldn't want to see games in progress slowed down but if cheating uncovered in post-match views actually resulted in lengthy bans and/or points losses for teams, it would be stopped in a week.

Upvote 0