• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whatever happened to Pariser Platz and other customs

Dunno, I see variety of manps on the servers, just no one playing them. Sad to see 3 Arad servers loaded, two danzig servers loaded and everything else low pop or bots. Seen way more 'just screwing around' gameplay (which is Arad and Danzig) than the more serious teamplay stuff. I've been away for a while but would love to get in some MG42 and tank avoidance work in Gorlitz again :p.

T.

Upvote 0
If someone put up a Pariserplatz/Tractorworks 24/7 server, I bet it would fill up and stay full for a while.

Funny, Demonic Spoon, I keep getting killed by your nades on the TWB West server even though it's not a 24/7 map server... ;)

It's my favorite and the only one I go for initially. But it does need MORE MAPS though... plz :D (can't believe they removed Basovka!)

Jank Our other server which housed the customs & map re'direct had to come out out of the data house for a very long overdue & well earned spring clean. This has now been done the server is now shining again & housed in a new data house. The custom maps inc Basovka, Tractorworks, Elnya & hopefully by now the new worked Pariserplatz (which was a big favourite on our 32 player) will all be back in our server rotation asap.

Upvote 0
Jank Our other server which housed the customs & map re'direct had to come out out of the data house for a very long overdue & well earned spring clean. This has now been done the server is now shining again & housed in a new data house. The custom maps inc Basovka, Tractorworks, Elnya & hopefully by now the new worked Pariserplatz (which was a big favourite on our 32 player) will all be back in our server rotation asap.

Nice, glad to hear it. :D

Upvote 0
Working on a final version of TractorWorks for an August release. I would like to see it played more, but honestly there are two things against it: it plays better with more people and it requires/demands strong German teamwork to be enjoyable. The last of those items is the biggest problem. Still the map I enjoyed making and am most proud of from any I have done to date.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TractorWorks is my favourite map to play as a German Squad Leader ATM. It's very satisfying laying down a smoke screen and scrambling across the open ground to get to the gatehouse, diving into the craters and then capping the gatehouse at the end, even better when you turn around and a few people have followed you over.

Much more satisfying than getting blown up in a HT suicide machine ;p

Upvote 0
what happend to gorlitz?
i think everyone knows the map needed some improvement but the intense streetfighting like in odessa combined with tanks was one of a kind..

imo no other map combined tanks and infantry that good..

//

didnt some group coded usable PAKs (anti-tank-canons) , why are they not included in all the other maps?

//

Cant wait for the new version of PariserPlatz.. since i am from Berlin.. its awesome to see how many details are actually included and giving you a real feeling of berlin.. (btw everything is rebuild ;-))

btw Thanks to all the mappers for so much great work..
n0rm

Upvote 0
Upvote 0