• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

modeling unit quality

monkey_feces

Jun 14, 2007
Would it be possible to adjust how much ammo is issued, the length of suppression blur, a communication allotment (eg. give 3 lines of chat per life to simulate a lower unit cohesion/training), and amount of stamina? Would this be simple through a mutator? I'm just wondering because it would be cool to give the germans such handicaps in late war scenarios.

Additionally, what do people think of this tactic?
smart "cartillery"
As most of you know, artillery racks up the most kills at or near the spawn point. What if this were replaced by 2 or more clown cars piloted by "*expletive deleted* (could have been mod edited like this rather than having the thread deleted) drivers" making strafing runs of death against infantry running to reinforce the objective ahead? AT weapons could pose a problem, but that's overshadowed by the fact that fausts would be gunning for you rather than the actual tank. Secondly, satchels are out of the question since any smart engineer would be playing a different class entirely, fearing autokick.
Is this the tactic so potentially effective that it could make artillery strikes obsolete?

The second block of text is unrelated to the original topic, it's just describing a tactic.

Could unit quality be modeled with a mutator? Is it possible that such values can be randomized between different players to simulate "the guy who runs the fastest" versus the fat, stupid soldier?

How can my thread be misspelled with spell check on? How can words carry an odor? I have to commend you for trying to be witty, however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Practically there is no way to implement such thing realistically than adding some over-exaggerated effects.

Would it be possible to adjust how much ammo is issued, the length of suppression blur, a communication allotment (eg. give 3 lines of chat per life to simulate a lower unit cohesion/training), and amount of stamina? Would this be simple through a mutator? I'm just wondering because it would be cool to give the germans such handicaps in late war scenarios.

How come normally trained military unit would be supplied with LESS ammo after their basic training, unless if we are talking about some militia-quality unit?

Chatting idea = bad idea. Why? It is quite far from realistic; let us take into account that Red Orchestra DOES NOT have any true chain of command present or such, like our General Latvische Schwein giving order to Colonel Brand and Brand giving his order to Liutenant Triebig and Triebig giving order to Sergeant Steiner and such and such and such and the fact orders may take a while to reach to the another subordinate and from there to another subordinate. Nor any real HQs or any real units in the first place.

And amount of stamina, well varying stamina would be simple and working idea, but why not implement that by default then?

Upvote 0

Could unit quality be modeled with a mutator? Is it possible that such values can be randomized between different players to simulate "the guy who runs the fastest" versus the fat, stupid soldier?

I would wonder where a soldier in that time would get the food to get fat from, in the first place:p
And next to that, i would not want the game to put me in 'fat-mode', because you would feel out of place. IMO i play this game to have immersion. I know i'm not fat, or that i would let myself GET fat, so why should i be fat in the game? This is ME, where talking about! :p
So far, all of your ideas have sucked. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Let's pump up the tempo even more: what about a mutator that randomly swaps your key mappings on every respawn to simulate retarded and drunk soldiers?

And the BA-64 should finally receive a more realistic model:
08lk3.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm just wondering because it would be cool to give the germans such handicaps in late war scenarios.

Yeah real cool, and then add the clowncars and prolly give the russians nukes and ehm make their tanks invulnerable.
Crappy peace of **** imho.
By the way then you would have to give the russians the same handicaps during the early war maps and Leningrad.

Upvote 0