• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO won't install!

adicocco

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 28, 2007
Guelph, Ontario
Hey,

I just bought RO but it won't install on my brand new machine, I'm guessing the culprit is Vista! :mad:

The autorun screen comes up but when I click on "Install from CD 1" the autorun screen disappears and nothing happens, the computer doesn't even think about anything. I tried to run the setup file with XP compatibility and in administrator mode, but still, no dice.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated! :)

Same problem on new XP Pro system, all other installs work, RO won't launch install from splash screen. Nothing happens- if the discs are mislabelled howcome I get an install splash screen at all??
:confused:
And if swapping them does nothing, then what? Outcast has an install hassle you have to fix on Euro disc before you install.
Is this related?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Updateski ;) :
Okay, it's installed and logged into Steam- the discs were mis-labelled. Still makes no sense the REAL disc 2 should fire up
a normal install splash and not alert me to put in 1 instead.
:confused:

So, should I let Steam do all patching or is there any manual housekeeping left whether or not it works now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0