• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do I .....? The Thread for all questions more than general.

Just make sure that the Rotation Grid is on (circular button toggle is green) and use Ctrl+RightMouse to rotate objects on direct steps.
16 steps is 90 degrees.
You can change the rotation grid value itself so that each rotate step is 90 degrees if you prefer, which is under View menu Advanced Options.

Note that rotation of any kind throws the vertices off-grid for brushes.

Upvote 0
Unrealed command to show packages loaded

Unrealed command to show packages loaded

What is the unrealed command that will show me the packages used in my map. Also is there a possible way to get the textures listed that are used from each package. It would seem silly to load a package if I am only using one texture from it. My map uses one really large custom package that all may not have so I am trying just get the textures that I need from it. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
You basically should keep track of this as you build the map. :)

For SMeshes there is no way that I am aware of, other than manually checking each instance in the map, or taking note of what packages pre-load in UnrealEd and then look at what additional assets are loaded with your map.

The Texture Browser In-Use tab is probably the best bet for textures.
But you have to select each texture and look at the title bar to see what package it is from.

For custom packages, they do not usually pre-load anything into UnrealEd on startup unless you have modified the .ini file.
So anything listed under that package name for Textures and SMeshes must be referenced by your map.
If you want them in your map instead of the package, simply rename them into myLevel.
Of course for custom packages created by other people, you may require permission to use it.

Upvote 0
overlapping projectors

overlapping projectors

Does anyone know how to overlap projectors so you don't get that flickering effect as you move closer or away from it. Is there a way to set priority or use the blend modes to accomplish this? Was hoping there is an easier way to do it other than redesign the projected image texture.

Upvote 0
How to make shadow in whole area of forest? I don't want leaks like it's on screenshots below. And all trees have bShadowCast set to True.

It is occurring because Terrain shadows per-vertex and your Terrain is probably large triangles.
You will either have to use a shadow layer (as mentioned) or negative Lights or a Projector to simulate the proper tree shadows.

Does anyone know how to overlap projectors so you don't get that flickering effect as you move closer or away from it.

They are fighting for z-buffer location.
Are they both DXT3/5 textures with the Projector set to AlphaBlend style and bLevelStatic?

How to set shadow in whole static mesh of tree, from each side. Beacuse now is dark from only 1 side -->

And I want more dark trees from this side too.

What exactly are you asking?
If you have a Sunlight actor, the trees will be brighter lit on that side by default, which is correct and normal.
In a daytime map, one side of every tree will be brighter.

Upvote 0
Thanks EvilHobo and Sichartshofen, it helped me. But I got another problem. How to set shadow in whole static mesh of tree, from each side. Beacuse now is dark from only 1 side -->

And I want more dark trees from this side too.

I can foresee all kinds of lag problems with static meshes and masked textures stacked that deep:eek:

Upvote 0
I want brighter trees only in edge of forest, in middle of forest I want dark trees from each side. Is it possible to do?

Is the tree trunk and leaves two separate mesh pieces or is the entire tree one staticmesh?
If the leaves are a separate non-collision mesh, then add a tiny collision cube to the leaves below the base of the trunk location. This forces them to shadow whatever is below them.
Non-collision staticmeshes with mask/alpha textures don't cast shadows.

Upvote 0