• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New mod ideas.

Yes, that is much more near to what I see in my imagination...
But I have a question: Is it possible to integrate more than two sides?
Of course, it would be possible to simply put all allies and all soviets together in two big teams and let the mapper decide if he wants the players to run around in West-German/American/British/Russian/East-German uniforms, but there could be one problem: I do not know if it is possible to give the same faction more than one set of voice commands - and it would be a bit disturbing to see American soldiers screaming German commands(or East-German soldiers screaming russian commands).

Could West/East Germany just be backed by both sides so they have the choice of all factions inventory while not messing up the voice commands?

Possible kit layouts:

West German:

Rifleman: G3A3/SLR/M16A1, <pineapple?>.
AT: Panzerfaust 44, P9.
Tank Crew: G3A4.

East German:

Rifleman: AK-47, <grenade>.
AT: RPG-7, TT33.
Tank Crew: AK-47S.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
West German:

Rifleman: G3A3, <grenade>.
AT: <AT launcher>, P9.
Tank Crew: AK-47S (Soviet)

East German:

Rifleman: AK-47S, <grenade>.
AT: RPG-7, TT33.
Tank Crew: M16A1/G3A4.
AK-47S for west-German tankers?
I think you mixed up something.:p
Well, for the AT-guy on the west-German side...there were two models used by the Bundeswehr:
First, the Leichte Panzerfaust 44mm.
Usable by a single soldier, this Panzerfaust were cappable of penetrating 370mm of steel(atleast this is what I have read so far).
http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl31-e.htm(PzF. 44 at world.guns.ru).
The second AT-launcher was the swedish Carl-Gustav:
This one was called Panzerfaust 84mm Carl-Gustav in the Bundeswehr. Problem with it: As far as I know, it was mostly operated by a team of two soldiers.
http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl10-e.htm(PzF 84 at world.guns.ru)

Then for the sidearm:
I do not know if the TT33 is really realistic for a east-German soldier during the late siexties/early seventies. Didn't they also used the Makarov PM?
Back to West-Germany, I have to say that I do not know what you mean with the P9. I searched for it, but was unable to find something.
But, as far as I know, the only pistol used by the Bundeswehr until the 90th was the P1, a slightly better version of the P38 from WW2. So, I would suggest to replace the P9 with the P1.
And - I am not sure about this, maybe I am wrong - I would suggest the MP2 for ther West-German tankers - or better known as UZI. It was used for Urban Warfare, but I think that it was also used in tanks. If not, the G3 would be the right choice.
Then, the AK-47S. At first, I would say that the name is wrong - I know it as AKMS, what makes more sense.
Besides from this, I would suggest the AKm instead of the short version - this was in my opinion mostly issued to paratroopers, not normal soldiers.
Over all, I would suggest the following lists:

West-Germany - Infantry weapons:
1) Soldier(Soldat/Sch

Upvote 0
AK-47S for west-German tankers?
I think you mixed up something.:p
Well, for the AT-guy on the west-German side...there were two models used by the Bundeswehr:
First, the Leichte Panzerfaust 44mm.
Usable by a single soldier, this Panzerfaust were cappable of penetrating 370mm of steel(atleast this is what I have read so far).
http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl31-e.htm(PzF. 44 at world.guns.ru).
The second AT-launcher was the swedish Carl-Gustav:
This one was called Panzerfaust 84mm Carl-Gustav in the Bundeswehr. Problem with it: As far as I know, it was mostly operated by a team of two soldiers.
http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl10-e.htm(PzF 84 at world.guns.ru)

Then for the sidearm:
I do not know if the TT33 is really realistic for a east-German soldier during the late siexties/early seventies. Didn't they also used the Makarov PM?
Back to West-Germany, I have to say that I do not know what you mean with the P9. I searched for it, but was unable to find something.
But, as far as I know, the only pistol used by the Bundeswehr until the 90th was the P1, a slightly better version of the P38 from WW2. So, I would suggest to replace the P9 with the P1.
And - I am not sure about this, maybe I am wrong - I would suggest the MP2 for ther West-German tankers - or better known as UZI. It was used for Urban Warfare, but I think that it was also used in tanks. If not, the G3 would be the right choice.
Then, the AK-47S. At first, I would say that the name is wrong - I know it as AKMS, what makes more sense.
Besides from this, I would suggest the AKm instead of the short version - this was in my opinion mostly issued to paratroopers, not normal soldiers.
Over all, I would suggest the following lists:

West-Germany - Infantry weapons:
1) Soldier(Soldat/Sch

Upvote 0
Could West/East Germany just be backed by both sides so they have the choice of all factions inventory while not messing up the voice commands?
Ah, I do not think that this would work. Atleast not for realism-lovers.
Of course, many of the early fighting on most fronts would be done by the Bundeswehr and soviet - not only east-german! - forces. But as soon as the other allieds would have arrived, I am sure that the Bundeswehr would have been concentrated on some fronts while the US Army and the British Army would have gathered command over different parts of the front.
So, we would end up with German AND English AND American troops fighting east-German AND Russian AND Polish AND ...-troops, everyone on their own parts of the front.
So, I would strongly prefer more than two big factions.

Upvote 0
Ah, I do not think that this would work. Atleast not for realism-lovers.
Of course, many of the early fighting on most fronts would be done by the Bundeswehr and soviet - not only east-german! - forces. But as soon as the other allieds would have arrived, I am sure that the Bundeswehr would have been concentrated on some fronts while the US Army and the British Army would have gathered command over different parts of the front.
So, we would end up with German AND English AND American troops fighting east-German AND Russian AND Polish AND ...-troops, everyone on their own parts of the front.
So, I would strongly prefer more than two big factions.

Well if you make more than 1 faction without messing up the voice commands then go ahead. Also there can really be no realism because this conflict never happened.

Upvote 0
Well if you make more than 1 faction without messing up the voice commands then go ahead. Also there can really be no realism because this conflict never happened.
Yes, but it can be done like when it would had have happened.;)
Seriously, I would say a realistic cold-war-scenario would be something really new and interesting. I would really love to see a mod featuring high-realism weapons and vehicles of the allied and soviet armies of this time.

Upvote 0
Yes, but it can be done like when it would had have happened.;)
Seriously, I would say a realistic cold-war-scenario would be something really new and interesting. I would really love to see a mod featuring high-realism weapons and vehicles of the allied and soviet armies of this time.

Yeah, just doing multiple factions might cause problems.

Upvote 0
If the terrain is like that of England it would be quite challenging, also remember that modern tank warfare isn't necessarily 1 shot kills.

Also if you like IL2, check out LOMAC (Lock On: Modern Air Combat).

i was presuming the British armour would be part of the Nato defense line based in West Germany- unless i've mis-understood you.

Upvote 0
just one small question here, if you're making a late 60's/early 70's scenario, wouldn't the AKM be a better choice? it was officially adopted as a replacement for the AK-47 in the late 50's iirc, so it would probably be more fitting.
Ahm,...we did it.
Atleast, I did it. Always wrote AKM(or AKMS) instead of AK-47.
But I am aksing myself a different thing...the GP-25 underrifle-grenade-launcher for the AKM has been developed in the middle seventies. Does anyone know when exactly the M203 and the HK79(found almost nothing about this!) were developed?
I do not think that it would fit into the time - the mod would play earlier, I think.
But it would be an interesting addition, anyway...

Upvote 0
Ahm,...we did it.
Atleast, I did it. Always wrote AKM(or AKMS) instead of AK-47.
But I am aksing myself a different thing...the GP-25 underrifle-grenade-launcher for the AKM has been developed in the middle seventies. Does anyone know when exactly the M203 and the HK79(found almost nothing about this!) were developed?
I do not think that it would fit into the time - the mod would play earlier, I think.
But it would be an interesting addition, anyway...

There is no way I would include anything like GP-25 or M203, would end up like Americas Army.

Upvote 0
Started AKM:

akmwip1nl7.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey otester, create a forum for this mod so people can apply and suggest ideas, and will be more organized.

(Forgive my bad english, working on it!)

Well I got to finish the mod I am currently in then it will start to get full attention.

otester,

which program are you using for modeling?
Just a quick question. I wanted to start modeling already two times, but I think I never got really far...why the hell just is 3DSMax just so goddamn expensive?

You got MSN (preferable) / ICQ? (PM me if you have).

Upvote 0
You got MSN (preferable) / ICQ? (PM me if you have).
Well, I am not really a great chatter. So - no.
As I said, I would just like to know what program you are using for modeling, otester.
I remember GMAX to be the most comfortable of the programs I tested. Blender was kinda okay, but Maya was a bit...strange. Maybe I should test it again - after finding a good tutorial, hopefully in German...

Upvote 0
Well, I am not really a great chatter. So - no.
As I said, I would just like to know what program you are using for modeling, otester.
I remember GMAX to be the most comfortable of the programs I tested. Blender was kinda okay, but Maya was a bit...strange. Maybe I should test it again - after finding a good tutorial, hopefully in German...

Use Gmax!

Upvote 0