• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Presenting: RO-Ostfront-Bolt

and the name of the server is?
banner_560x95.png

Upvote 0
I'd love to make it and I'll try get there. My playing time has been few and far between, mostly two or three hours on the weekends.

<sigh> I wish I had more time to play. I see people here talking about how great some maps are that I've never even seen. I try find those maps when I get time to play but I get the feeling they're mostly on European servers. For the most part, I only find the stock maps on US servers.

Oh well, enough whining. See you on the battlefield!:mad:
:D

Upvote 0
Great server! Playing on it was fun, even if we only had four people.

I was skeptical of Arad, but it turned out great. Just needed more players! Odessa was alright, same with Baksan. Didn't get to play Danzig but i'm sure that was a good thing. :p

It's good to see a few regulars starting to appear! The server has been up for 2 weeks now and things are starting to pick up.

Upvote 0
A few changes will take place in the next few days.

First, the server will be known as RO-Ostfront-Gewehr. The reason is that the server is no longer a "bolt" only server. I included commander positions with semi-auto rifles, so RO-Ostfront-Bolt doesn't fit.

Second, Arad has gone through a few changes. When a team holds the center bridge objective, they will spawn in their village. This should cut down on some of the walking and pick the action up a little more on this map.

Third, since I'm updating the maps with different weapons and different spawn systems, some adjustments may need to take place as time goes. The current redirect server doesn't allow files to be overwritten. So, if changes are made, I can't give the file the same name. Therefor, all maps will include (-b#) at the ends. That way if something is changed, I can give it a new "beta" number and not have to worry about the redirect not working correctly.

I'm also thinking of having two commander positions per side. That would give two fire teams per side, each with three riflemen.

Example:
Axis Commander 1 with Riflemen 1-3
Axis Commander 2 with Riflemen 4-6
Allie Commander 1 with Riflemen 1-3
Allie Commander 2 with Riflemen 4-6

Roles and Weapons:
Axis Commander (2) G41 and G43 (Semi Auto Rifles)
Axis Riflemen (6) Kar98 (Bolt Rifle)
Allie Commander (2) SVT40 (Semi Auto Rifle)
Allie Riflemen (6) MN9130, M38, and M44 (Bolt Rifles)

Suggestions please!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tomorrow night is the weekly game night on the server again. We had a good turnout last week for our first game, hope to see those numbers return! If you've been wanting to try the rifle version of Arad, this will be the perfect time!

Server Name: RO-Ostfront-Gewehr (Rifles Only)

Server IP: 63.209.32.207:7757

Weekly Game Night: Thursdays
7:00pm (GMT -08:00) US Pacific
8:00pm (GMT -07:00) US Mountain
9:00pm (GMT -06:00) US Central
10:00pm (GMT -05:00) US Eastern

Upvote 0
Great server

Great server

Great job on the bolt only server. I've tried it and it's all that RO should be! :p You are moving back to the real spirit of the game, rather than what the patches have been moving the game towards...a Call of Duty emulation with far too many SMGs, MGs and Snipers.
I'll be back and hopefully many others as well.

Upvote 0
Just a reminder that tonight is the weekly game on the server.

Server Name: RO-Ostfront-Gewehr (Rifles Only)

Server IP: 63.209.32.207:7757

Weekly Game Night: Thursdays
7:00pm (GMT -08:00) US Pacific
8:00pm (GMT -07:00) US Mountain
9:00pm (GMT -06:00) US Central
10:00pm (GMT -05:00) US Eastern

Upvote 0