• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Sneak Preview

No no guppy. General section soon will have a new popular thread. Probably titled as follows:

Giant Tank Maps, Worse Thing that Happened to RO

or

Big Maps are a BIG Mistake

Tbh I find Orel waaay to big to be any fun! :(

But its always a popular map on most servers so each to their own. I will certainly be giving this new map a try though!

Upvote 0
Serious! Thats gonna be some big frigging map..I didnt have the patience for Orel but the size I guess matches the scale of the vastness of the eastern front is so famous for..Can't wait, such a surprise too!

On Orel the view distance wasn't that long, so you had to drive for 20 minutes before you saw anyone. On Krivoi, since you can see 3000 meters, a tank can be REALLY far away and you can still shoot at them. So you don't have to drive for a REALLY long way to get into combat.

Upvote 0
On Orel the view distance wasn't that long, so you had to drive for 20 minutes before you saw anyone. On Krivoi, since you can see 3000 meters, a tank can be REALLY far away and you can still shoot at them. So you don't have to drive for a REALLY long way to get into combat.

Yeh the draw distance on Orel is a massive let down. You think the creator could update it to 4k?

Upvote 0

Thank god, thats why I hated Orel, the wait to combat, was yes realistic but was horribly boring especailly when you get killed immediately once you reach combat. REALLY looking forward to this now since you mentioned that. :)

Question....how long will this map play out? An Hour?

Upvote 0
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Finally, the next update will include many new server admin requested features as well as a string of bug fixes and community requested tweaks.[/FONT]

wow, thats good to hear. impressive and a real surprise. keep the good work.
icon_hug.gif

Upvote 0
Question....how long will this map play out? An Hour?

I think the round time is about an hour. In playtests, I've seen one side blitzkrieg the other team in less than ten minutes, and I have seen matches go the full time. The map has both sides attacking (like Arad), so it can really go back and forth over a huge expanse (but with moving spawns so you don't have to drive forever).

Upvote 0
I think the round time is about an hour. In playtests, I've seen one side blitzkrieg the other team in less than ten minutes, and I have seen matches go the full time. The map has both sides attacking (like Arad), so it can really go back and forth over a huge expanse (but with moving spawns so you don't have to drive forever).

Sweat, teamwork and a little bit of Blitzkrieg wins the day. Just imagine 15 panzers + on Blitzkreig! A late eastern front map I take with Tigers about and in southern Ukraine, but will any Panthers or IS2 tank destoryers (both my favourite tanks) take part?

Upvote 0