• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2?

Maybe it will be a

Oh wait, can't tell you yet.

In all seriousness however, Very few people outside of TWI know what we are working on, and all of them are under wonderful NDA's. When we announce what it is, you WILL know. Not like you can miss these types of things, specially if we give you helpful front page news posts about them.

But have fun with your speculations.

Nasty, Yoshi, very nasty. :(

Upvote 0
My wish list:
NO console version
NO CoD/MoH clone
Stick to the Eastern Front, do what you do best
Keep up the community support and interaction
Abuse the new game engine to it's fullest
Maybe that 'Battlefield 2' scalable map concept?? Would be a great option for servers
Take the extra time to add as many of those little things people rave about here
Just give us the tools for the community to do the add-on countries and equipment

Upvote 0
Maybe it will be a

Oh wait, can't tell you yet.

In all seriousness however, Very few people outside of TWI know what we are working on, and all of them are under wonderful NDA's. When we announce what it is, you WILL know. Not like you can miss these types of things, specially if we give you helpful front page news posts about them.

But have fun with your speculations. As to computers that will play UE 3 games (or more specifically UE 3 games built by Tripwire), you will want a dual core machine (of decent speed) and 2 gigs of ram, and a modernish video card (more video ram the better). However I could build one of these machines for about 1500 (up to 2000) right now, and if you wait till next year or so you will be easily running UE 3 games for 1k (or maybe less). Remember the hardward industry moves fast in the gaming segment of computers.

What about DX 10 Yosh? Yea or Nay?

Upvote 0
Only fools with too much money buy top of the lign products that lose 50% of the value within 2 months.

By next year, a dual core machine with 2 gigs of ram AND a decent videocard will cost under 600$

Hell, I sold a 1000$ computer that is a 4600X2, 2x 1 gig kingston ram, SLI Mobo, 1 7900gs, 250gig drive, dvd burner inside a nice Antec Case.

875CDN + 15% taxes

(I admit that the one and only great thing about a brand name pc is that if you calculate the cost of windows licence... you realize that their prices arent as bad as one would think... Windows is Insanely expensive...)

This was over 2 months ago and he can upgrade next year CPU, Ram + add a second 7900gs for pretty cheep.... hell, he can add an extra 250gig drive too and run them both on raid.

That computer runs most games on the highest settings... maybe SOME games on medium to high ???

Point is, no one needs to spend More then 2000$ for a new pc...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hhmm what do you mean with modernish video card?, do you think my x1950XTX would be enough to run it at max?

Depends on the resolution :p

Oh and Yoshipants, don't add any "DX 10 only features". They're only gimmicks. For example the "god rays" in World in Conflict were only supposed to be doable while using DX 10, but they were already done in one UT 2004 onslaught level.

Can I ask when the NDA lifts (if it even does)? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only fools with too much money buy top of the lign products that lose 50% of the value within 2 months.
Point is, no one needs to spend More then 2000$ for a new pc...

No, only someone who can afford it, wants the best Gfx performance he can get for the new family of DX10 games coming out, gets a good deal from a friend, gets it tax free because of where he lives & just sold his old PC for $3000 gets a top line PC. The fool is the man who sits back & wishes HE had one so calls people names.
The only thing wrong with all of that is that Vista has really mucked my sound up :mad:.

Upvote 0
No, only someone who can afford it, wants the best Gfx performance he can get for the new family of DX10 games coming out, gets a good deal from a friend, gets it tax free because of where he lives & just sold his old PC for $3000 gets a top line PC. The fool is the man who sits back & wishes HE had one so calls people names.
The only thing wrong with all of that is that Vista has really mucked my sound up :mad:.
pc.jpg

the "problem" is that you will get only a little bit more performance for 3000$ than for 2000$ in comparison to 2000$ vs. 1000$. But as you said if you can afford it why not?

Upvote 0
You don't want the cheapest DX 10 card to run DX 10 (it does it, but not well). I always stress if you are into games, never buy the low end card, especially for a new tech (such as DX 10). Just because the box says it can run DX 10 doesn't mean it can do it at more then 10 fps.... If you want a DX 10 card, get the high end now, or wait for the next generation of dx 10 cards in my opinion. Will probably see news about those from both ATI and Nvidia near the end of this year.

And to answer a previous question, UE 3 and DX 9 and DX 10. So it runs just fine on XP, look at Gears of War for windows as well as the up coming UT 3 to see this.

Upvote 0
A fully immersive Eastern front campaign (kind of like WWIIOL but better!) would be sweet. Make a partnership with with a tank sim, with the makers of IL2, and with Paradox (HoI) to have everything ever needed EVA!!! to have the most awesomest thing!

Or...add BEAR CAVALRY+Antitank dogs vs German Mauses and Donkey Fausts!!!!

Edit: Oh, and how would my system do..without giving you any details except it can run RO, and has more RAM than my old computer (which could run RO).

Upvote 0