• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG's reloading.

ok here's the thing I could reload an mg standing, givin' i'm 5'4" and weighing in at 254 lbs, 17% body fat, You use the ground to bear some of the weight.

mg42: you kneel with the gun resting on your shoulder, the fumble with the box until you can keep it in position and then try to lean both forward and hold the box in while you let go and let the gun fall back onto your shoulder, then you are working in a confined area trying to put the belt it, in my professional opinon, it's much quciker and easier to reload it when it's deployed.

Upvote 0
Bad idea. Have you ever tried to reload an LMG standing up or moving?? There's no chance. You can hardly hold them with one hand let alone hold it in a position to be able to reload it with the free hand. Not even to mention trying to feed a MG link of rounds through the firing tray. You have to have the MG on the ground to load it. Reality & fact.

I like your idea but like he is saying not quite so realistic most of all not even historically accurate or even physically possible.

Upvote 0