• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Breaking news!

ewwww - he went for a swim where that guy had a pee :eek:

consolesque = reminiscent of SuperMarioChickenPickup for the SNES :D

Graphics and physics look truly good. Bunnyhopping onto roofs, instant wep change, ability to take 20 bullets in the chest and x-hairs = fail to excite me.
So, you thought it would be going to be an ultra-realistic military shooter?

Upvote 0
Define consolesque gameplay.

Well, it looks like a run n' gun game in a nicer package and the UI has been designed with console players in mind (all weapon and suit menus are built like a cake diagram). Weapons zooming in, the main character resisting a lot of damage (maybe there are better difficulty levels though), some nice physics, a plot that has just been thrown in... Doesn't just excite me. :p

Upvote 0
So, you thought it would be going to be an ultra-realistic military shooter?

There are also shades of grey you know..

I am very much a realism nut, but that doesen't mean i cant also enjoy a shoot'em up game (especially singleplayer), but it does have to be enjoyable..

Crysis looks very.. Doom2 in how it plays, you run around never letting go of your left mouse button, pumping magazine after magazine into increasingly bigger enemies, circle strafing around to avoid soaking up too many bullets.
Problem is, i out grew that kind of action many years ago, it nolonger gives me a kick, i find it tedious infact, not enjoyable at all.

Ofcourse i would love for Crysis to proove me wrong, and not be a game like that, it would be great to play a good game on that engine! but the gameplay they have showed us thus far.. its all the things i hated about FarCry (and more!), and very little of the things i loved about it.

I think they went in the wrong direction, for my tastes atleast, but time will tell..

Upvote 0
graphics looks awesome, but I agree with the unrealistic gameplay crap, I dont care about the special abilities, they may be fine, but run and gun being almost immortal is not my idea of fun either, it ruins all the immersion brought by the graphics

hopefully , a mod could release all its potential

Upvote 0
Well, it looks like a run n' gun game in a nicer package and the UI has been designed with console players in mind (all weapon and suit menus are built like a cake diagram). Weapons zooming in, the main character resisting a lot of damage (maybe there are better difficulty levels though), some nice physics, a plot that has just been thrown in... Doesn't just excite me. :p

Too bad it's not coming for the consoles :p

Anyway, to me it looks a mighty awesome shooter.

Upvote 0