• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most impressive AI?

Well, if that turns out to be a popular opinion, perhabs i could be persuaded to make an AI mod ;)

Give it a go if you think you can do something interesting.

I was really impressed when I was shot by that friendly AI, I was just behind them to the left shooting into the hanger.

I had loaded a quick-save so I played it out a few times, after about the third quick-load he just turned round and shot me in the kucfing head !

I think he just got fed up with me shooting close to his ears.

Tis the truth, good luck and let us know when its done:rolleyes:!

Upvote 0
While I certainly agree with you on that point Klaus, I'd argue that when I'm playing a SP game, I usually want to be immersed and for that to happen, the AI controlling the other beings in the world needs to convince me that it could feasibly be a real being in a real world. Bad AI tears down the illusion.

MP is a different beast entirely though. I rarely get immersed in an MP environment purely due to the ridiculous and unrealistic things that both you and your opponents can do. Retardation on the part of other players is simply an additional small piece of the pie. Although when it's prevalent in the opposition team, I don't really notice much. It just means a TRE for anyone on my team who can shoot straight.

Upvote 0
Stealth is not an option in the game although it was clearly meant to be. True, you can surprise a group of soldiers patroling the road but just try the Sidorvich side mission where he tells you to retrieve something from the military camp (the one which marks the border of the zone) and to do it quietly cos they want no troubles in the Stalkers camp.
The ONLY way is to kill all the soldiers. (and needless to say- the stalkers in Cordon suffers no retribution in consequence but thats OT)

You can go to the left of the compound, get over the fence via a fallen tree, get over the concrete wall via some debris, get into the attic of the building with the suitcase via a conveniently placed outhouse, and drop down silently (without killing anyone). In all fairness though, I don't know how to sneak out.

Upvote 0